Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 22 2009
By: Fred-Eh First Son 3 posts

Play Station Network Keeps Signing Me Out!!! Please Help!

19 replies 29619 views Edited Feb 22, 2009

I have played online since i bought my PS3 about a year and a half ago with out any problems. For some reason, the last week or so i have been getting disconnected more and more often. Some times it will last a couple hours and then disconnect, and some times it will be only about 2 minutes. It has gotten so bad that in the last few days it wont let me connect at all and then if it does let me connect to playstation network, after about 5 mins it disconnects me again. every single time its the same error message saying i have been disconnected from playstation network, and when i try to sign back into playstation network it waits a min and then says it has timed out. I know its not my internet connection because i have computers hooked up to the same internet and i am able to go online without any problems. I am even able to go into web browser and surf the internet on my PS3, even tho it wont let me connect to play station network. Please help i have tried everything including; power-cycling the modem, router, and ps3 meny times for 2 mins each, turning off the firewall on the router, putting the ps3 in DMZ, connecting the ps3 directly to the modem, and so on... I have tried EVERYTHING, 10 times over. I have already tried to ask sony for help and a tech emailed me and told me to try and use a wired connection... so after that amazing advise I began to think they weren't gunna give me any help. I really miss my cod4 online! Please HELP!

For anyone who needs to know what im using:

Im using a wired connection altho i have tried wireless neither work, and i have also even tried wirelessly connecting to a neighbours wireless and still had the same problem

DIR-825 <- dlink dual-band gigabit wireless router (i already updated to latest firmware)

PS3 80gb (updated to 2.6 patch)

Message 1 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: Play Station Network Keeps Signing Me Out!!! Please Help!

Feb 22, 2009

I went thru the same problem what worked for me was to update the firmware on my router.  Sincen then I have had no problem staying logged in and my download speed for the PS have double in time I hope this works for you.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

usmc

Message 2 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 22, 2009
I have already updated my router to its latest firmware, and i dont believe its the routers fault becuase the problem presists even when i by-pass the router altogether and connect the ps3 directly to the modem
Message 3 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2818 posts

Feb 22, 2009

It's really odd that it happens when you connect the ps3 directly to the modem. Try unplugging the modem for at least 5 mins and try it again (wired). What router and modem do you have?

Maybe you need a new modem. Do you get random internet connection drops when you're just browsing the net on a PC/laptop?

Message Edited by NinjaZeroEight on 02-22-2009 03:40 AM
Message 4 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 22, 2009

i have tried connecting the ps3 directly to the modem, and then resetting the modem by turning it off and waiting 5 mins.

i have a dlink dir-825 (dual band/gigabit router)

and a motorola modem that my ISP hooked up for me, which by the way i live in canada and my ISP is Shaw cable internet

Message 5 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1535 posts

Feb 22, 2009
I've been having the same type of problems over the past month or two, just a little different. If i'm in an online game, it's fine.... but if Im on the XMB it will disconnect after a minute or two. I have the Dlink WBR-2310
Photobucket
| The Club of Champions | Five years & counting | @ClubofChampions
Message 6 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2818 posts

Feb 22, 2009
Message Edited by NinjaZeroEight on 02-22-2009 04:00 AM
Message 7 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Feb 22, 2009
i had the same problem I use wireless it works perfectly now go to network settings and where it says custom leave everything the same but disable the UPnp after that it never signed out again
Message 8 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 14, 2009
Try also disabling your media sharing, It worked for me I found this solution on more than a few forums it seemed to have worked for them.  I am using a wireless connection too, so this might not be the case sinc u r connecting directly to the modem.
Message 9 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
313 posts

Mar 14, 2009
If all else fails reset your router and modem back to there factory dates. They will issue new IP numbers and that may do the trick.
Message 10 of 20 (29,619 Views)
0 Likes