Re: @PharmBoY044 gets confirmation from Jeff that NGP has "click" analogs:

Apr 8, 2011
Message 12 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 9, 2011

Oh yes sir I defiantly believe the back touch panel will have the laptop mousepad features to allow a R2 and L2 and the touch pad coupled with the analogs click feature (R3,L3)  and sixaxis-gyro we will have the entirety of the PS3 dualshock along with the. Games on the NGP have the potential to be so sick you just might forget about a PS3...until the power uns out

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 13 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 9, 2011

StuByph wrote:

Oh yes sir I defiantly believe the back touch panel will have the laptop mousepad features to allow a R2 and L2 and the touch pad coupled with the analogs click feature (R3,L3)  and sixaxis-gyro we will have the entirety of the PS3 dualshock along with the. Games on the NGP have the potential to be so sick you just might forget about a PS3...until the power uns out

The accelerometers would be great for switching in between landscape and portrait mode. That kind of switch was very satisfying on smartphones and tablets but, incorporated into games it should be great for TPS games. The camera is normally singled on the main character in games such as Splinter Cell: Conviction so, a little title into portrait mode could add more real estate upward or downward, which would be good for chucking grenades up on building roof tops.  

Message 14 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

You know I am all over this space I think and I just see all this greatness from the consumers and I hope that SNEA is hearing some of it and will get around to it even if it means a NGP Slim or NGP go or whatever 2 years after I buy my NGP on release.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 15 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Yeah but, NGP Slim and those other revisions are like an artiface. The core NGP hardware and software will always be there. That's the good thing about buying dedicated consoles/HH's. You can remain assured a next generation wont have that feature everyone feels like having rather, it's quality through and through. Until the end of it's lifecycle which, (for the NGP) will more than likely be 6-8 years. 10 years if people are really optimistic.

So, I am not sure if Sony really should pay too much attention to all peoples inputs. It should definitly listen to some of the stuff like apps and stuff people may want but, leaving stuff like engineering complex computer chip architectures should really be left in the right hands of thescientists in SCE labs. Most people are already aware of that, though.

There is a reason the NGP will have TWO quad-core chips. lol

Message 16 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Now don't get me wrong wake I would hate for such a thing to happen much like the PSP Era. But if it does let it be a serious change that's all I ask. Don't just make it lighter and sell it for $50 bucks more. Give it new hardware or just leave it like it is. Shoot just put out more colors of it. But don't just release a Slim design 2 years later with no real upgrades and charge more for it. Then release another one 2 more years after that with minor hardware changes and renders a $1000 you have useless on that device.....then release another device after that that makes the original obsolete and now you have to buy $500 of that content again if you want to use it on these devices. Which you will cause yours will break and well we all know how most PS3 exchange/repairs go......Break and repair your stuff 5 different times no warranty....PSP Go service is $70 the older ones are more expensive just like the PS3's service....break 5 times in one year $350 you could have had an NGP.

I know what you are saying dude how would your PSP break 5 times in one year.....good Q....my PSP's never broke....my one PSP Go has broke twice the charger malfunctioned or something it just stop charging....might I say right after I was doing file operations on a PC running Windows XP. I am sure it had to do with the blu tooth and auto usb charge features. As soon as I plugged it in it did not prompt me to turn off the blu tooth nor did my light turn orange as to charge.....but it was reading fine on the windows explorer. I no longer plug my PSP Go into a PC running anything other than windows 7.....why do I need to be careful of such a software hardware issue....IDK but how many know.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 17 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 13, 2011

I don't believe Sony ever sold new PSP models for $50 USD more than the original PSP models had launched for. That was only really the case for the PSP Go due to the fact it was a major chenge in design and even did feature some extreme hardware additions i.e. internal memory and no UMD. 

Those hat had a big PSP UMD library are robably steaming over that. The good thing about the NGP is that games will be released on the physical medium and digitally. There will be an all digital push which means that whole physical only stigma will no longer exist.

Do you know how to repair your PSP Go? The PSP was really fixable. Everything from the most arbiritary part not working to fixing a RSOD. Not sure about the PSP GO.

As far as the four PSP models being released in a span of about seven years, it does seem high. Than again, PSP piracy numbers where high. It is more than a coincidence that after a new PSP model was released, the new PSP's motherboard was harder to crack. Naturally, piracy did play a big role probably amung other things like keeping the PSP look a bit fresh just like Nintendough did with it's Deedeedee-s line.

Message 18 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

True that and the $50 is refered to the PSP Go.

I don't know the exact price difference but the Slim cost more than the phat. and still does now. New or Used the Slim cost more than the phat.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Message 19 of 19 (5 Views)
0 Likes