Monster Hunter
40 posts

Re: Phantasy Star Portable 2 on Vita?

Mar 13, 2012

Im just worried that the online feature will lag majorly. I mean, Dungeon Hunter Alliance is a crappier game and it has some serious lag issues when their are more than 3 ppl fighting with skills at the same time.

Message 11 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 8, 2012

@GangstaTroy - with online games its different. with single player games, all they have to do is cover the cost of developing the game.

with online games, they need to constantly bring out patches and updates, as well as maintain server stability, upgrade servers to accomodate for more players, buy backup servers, as well as pay to maintain the bandwidth for the servers. a once off fee often isnt enough for this, unless they do a premium option where you buy items with real cash.

pay to play is also a good way of dealing with piracy. rather than lose money on people pirating the game, they can instead sell the setup disc at a low price and just charge by the month. its a constant source of revenue as opposed to the loss of money caused by dealing with ********** who download pirated copies of games.

Edit: profanity

Message 12 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 13, 2012

I am getting pso2 mainly for play on PC , I will also buy it for Vita, but Honestly , I would rather have Phantasy star portable 2 or psp2 infinity on vita over pso2.

But in a perfect world , psp2 would be re added to ps store , and pso2 will come out !

But yea I want Psp2 on vita more than pso2 on vita.

Message 13 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1700 posts

Mar 13, 2012

SouaiTsuki wrote:

its been removed because instead of running phantasy star portable 2 psp port, the vita will run full phantasy star online 2, the same version that will run on PCs. it will be released later this year with the full ability to link up with the PC version of the game since they will both be running on the same servers.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/phantasy-star-online-2-coming-to-vita-with-pc-crossplay/

For the record, later this year in JAPAN.  Don't expect PSO2 in the US in 2012, that's not going to happen.

Message 14 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Can you not get Phantasy Star Portable 2 via the PS3 PSN store, and use Content Manager to transfer it to the Vita? Then connect a PSP to the PS3 and transfer the save game file for Phantasy Star Portable 2 from PSP to PS3 then to Vita? (I moved my PSP save games for Killzone Liberation, Burnout Legends, Pursuit Force and Force Unleashed that way).

Anyway been thinking of doing that myself however I am curious if the wifi for Phantasy Star Portable 2 will work in emulated PSP mode. Hmmm...

-----------------

Did they remove PSP2 from the PS3 PSN Store?!? If so that ruins my plans completely.

Message 15 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Unfortunately, everyone's tried everything to get Phantasy Star Portable 2 on their Vita. No method has worked, and it is completely incompatible. It's a real shame, too.

Message 16 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Just because Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming out on the vita Way , way in the future , Does not affect the fact that gamers also want Phantasy Star Portable 2 on the Vita !

Phantasy Star portablle 2 servers are still going for the psp system, It would make a Lot of sense for them to rerelease it for download and play on the vita!

It would work , Just check out this link below, The uk is currently able to play psp2 on their Vita systems!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQG__C4fUI0

Message 17 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Mar 14, 2012

I miss my level 104 character it's a shame it's currently not compatible with Vita. I sincerely hope it will be soon...

Message 18 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 14, 2012

It is compatible in the uk , so it would not be hard at all for sega to rerelease it back to the psStore for vita, but anyway the more people who request it, the more likley sega will rerelease it !

Click this link to request Phantasy Star portable 2 back in the psStore !!

https://segaofamerica.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

Message 19 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 14, 2012

its still on the PS Store, just not visible on the vita. if you have a PC (with Sony Media Go) or a PS3, you can download it onto your PC/PS3 and transfer it across.

Message 20 of 74 (3,197 Views)
0 Likes