Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 21 2012
By: TheSuburbanHero Hekseville Citizen 332 posts

Phantasy Star Portable 2 on Vita?

73 replies 11267 views Edited Jan 21, 2012

This would work, right? Except, oh yeah, IT ISN'T ON THE STORE ANYMOAR. What happened with that? Today I decided to visit the Store again, I thought that the maintenence had been them putting up the Vita section or something, I browse through the PSP games and to my surprise, no Phantasy Star Portable 2 anymore! No demo, no game, no nothing- it's like the game just ceased to exist on the PSN. Maybe they're making some HD convert for Vita? Yeah, I know that's nowhere near being correct, but I just have no idea where it went off to.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 74 (11,267 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Re: Phantasy Star Portable 2 on Vita?

Feb 8, 2012

That is quite strange... I sent an e-mail to Sega about it, I run a website called PSoneclassics.com, I wanted to see if anyone knew anything about them being supported on the Vita anytime soon. Nothing yet it seems.

If I get any message back from Sega I'll message you, I'll write up a story about it too.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 74 (11,266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Feb 8, 2012

If you bought the game digitally before it got removed, you can keep it. Unfortunately, I believe it's completely, permanently removed from the store now for reason I am unable to find... I think Sega wanted to prevent people from hacking the game any further, because I've heard about online play issues...

So yeah, if you were going to purchase it on the PS Store, you can't anymore

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 74 (11,266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Feb 8, 2012

I hope they readd it or release a new phantasy star game, it was fun playing this with my brother back in the day and feeding that stupid little robot that follows you. I guess there is always Dungeon Hunter Alliance?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 74 (11,266 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Mar 11, 2012

They need to re add it !!

I am keeping my psp system just for phantasy star portable 2!

Every one email sega and request they bring phantasy star portable 2 back to the playstation store !!

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 74 (11,266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Mar 11, 2012

Well this is kind of a bittersweet thing, but even though Phantasy Star Portable 2 is not currently compatible with Vita, Phantasy Star Online 2 is. We'll be able to play the full-blown MMORPG on the Vita when it comes out! I still miss PS: P2 though...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 74 (11,266 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 12, 2012

Just wait for Phantasy Star Online 2. That game will be amazing. Plus by reading there Facebook page there a good chance that Japaneese wont be the only people that will be getting it. I honestly hope they do not make it subscription based. Japannese game devs are good at making stuff pay 2 play.... Id honestly would pick it up on day one for Pc and Vita if they keep it free to play. A cross platform mmorpg would be amazing.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 74 (11,266 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Mar 12, 2012

Worst-case scenario is that we have to pay a subscription to play it, and it'll be something reasonable like $9.99/month. Plus if we do have to subscribe, it'll be easy because it'll work through the PSN, making subscribing way more streamlined. Sega definitely wants to bring it to America, so it's mostly just a matter of time at this point.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 74 (11,266 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 12, 2012

its been removed because instead of running phantasy star portable 2 psp port, the vita will run full phantasy star online 2, the same version that will run on PCs. it will be released later this year with the full ability to link up with the PC version of the game since they will both be running on the same servers.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/09/phantasy-star-online-2-coming-to-vita-with-pc-crossplay/

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 74 (11,266 Views)
Splicer
52 posts

Mar 13, 2012

I dont really like the ideal of being forced to pay to play a game you buy. Dont get me wrong It looks good. But alot of people like me would pick up on both Pc and Vita version on day one.  They should make more then enough money because of there crossplay feature. Not to mention If you buy it used you would prob be forced to pay for a online code. Honestly money shouldnt be a issue to them.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 74 (11,266 Views)
0 Likes