Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
11816 posts

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 8, 2013

reynolds-wrap1 wrote:
Exactly! But wouldnt it make sense that Sega would go ahead and put it into vita as well just like they did in Japan? All it takes is some reconfiguring and there ya go. (I think)

But we will have to wait it out and see if E3 holds more news.

Not really. If the Vita was at least on par with how the PSP was doing when it came out, then maybe.

But considering the Vita's poor sales, it wouldn't surprise me if they keep it PC only.

Remember that the game is a free-to-play game. They'd have to rely on the hopes that the cost to port the game to the Vita in english would be offset by any microtransactions the Vita players make.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 26 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Jun 8, 2013
being that i don't know how to quote- @glaciusx25 Well it isnt the consumers who arn't buying vitas so much as it is the game devs and publishers who arn't making the awesome games that make people want to buy the system. Sell PSO2 on US vitas, you help vita sales.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 26 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2462 posts

Jun 8, 2013

ritz5 wrote:

Anything can happen. Why do you discredit others opinions? All of the posts here are simply speculation, including yours. We should be much more aware of Sega's intentions on PSO2 after E3.

Actually, mine isn't a speculation. Let's recheck some facts again:

-> No mention whatsoever about the PSV version of PSO2 coming to the West has been made despite the fact we insist on a regular basis at Sega's page for any sort of confirmation. The PC version has been slated for the West since almost day one though~.

-> There's an English site for PSO2 PC version. There's none for the PSV~.

-> Project Diva F (PS3), a slightly enhanced version of Project Diva (PSV) is coming to the West. Project Diva isn't. Sega went out of their way to specifically ask people in FB if they would buy PDF (not PD or both)~.

-> Granted it isn't Sega, but Namco has the same version of One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 on PS3 and PSV. Only the PS3 version is coming over. Reason? Terrible sale numbers on the PSV~.

Why do I discredit other people's opinions? Because they post mere wishful thinking as fact. Somebody even went as far as saying "Oh ya, I read online it's coming to the West for the PSV but I don't have a link". Fact is, the PSV doesn't sell, and I'd wait until E3 to say anything about a game that until then every single fact points out as not coming over~.

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 26 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Jun 10, 2013
For the record, 2 similar games Toukien and Ragnarok Odyssey ACE are coming to western Vitas around winter time. If Sega doesn't say anything about the game by then buying those games (if they are any good) is a good way to show them games can sell here in the west too.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 26 (60 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1151 posts

Jun 10, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

ritz5 wrote:

Anything can happen. Why do you discredit others opinions? All of the posts here are simply speculation, including yours. We should be much more aware of Sega's intentions on PSO2 after E3.

Why do I discredit other people's opinions? Because they post mere wishful thinking as fact. Somebody even went as far as saying "Oh ya, I read online it's coming to the West for the PSV but I don't have a link". Fact is, the PSV doesn't sell, and I'd wait until E3 to say anything about a game that until then every single fact points out as not coming over~.

Dude seriously....I read it online but I dont copy and paste a link to every site I visit to Word. Its a site i didnt take mind to. read it and moved on. sheesh.

But you are right, Sega hasnt said much on the matter therefor it is difficult to say weither they will follow through and put it on there or not. Publishers should see that the Vita sales are low because of the publishers themselves. They arnt making tons of worthwhile games for the Vita therefore the Vita isnt attracting customers. If they would invest in the system the system would sell better.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 26 (54 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jun 10, 2013

As much as I love Sega they seriously make some bonehead decisions. From the looks of things we aren't getting a North American Vita version of the game any time soon. This could be addressed tonight or tomorrow, whenever E3 ends. Another possibility and I can totally see Sega doing this, is that they will release the US version....3 years later.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 26 (37 Views)
0 Likes