Reply
Jun 06 2013
By: Mystic_Gon Wastelander 680 posts
Offline

Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

25 replies 427 views Edited Jun 6, 2013
That's 20% of the the game's 2.5 million user base on playing on a Vita. The game has sold around 100,000 at retail in Japan, meaning most of its players downloaded the game via PSN.

Shows what happens when you put done serious intent behind a PS Vita game.
Message 1 of 26 (427 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 6, 2013

I think its just the game surviving on its own, old, recipe from previous iterations

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 26 (408 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 09/24/2012
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 6, 2013

wait this is on Vita in the US?

Message 3 of 26 (403 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 6, 2013

Mystic_Gon wrote:
That's 20% of the the game's 2.5 million user base on playing on a Vita. The game has sold around 100,000 at retail in Japan, meaning most of its players downloaded the game via PSN.

Shows what happens when you put done serious intent behind a PS Vita game.

Still waiting for this to come West! I know it's already planned (and has been delayed), but maybe the success in Japan will push them to speed up the timeline.

 

And just FYI, the game is FREE to download, while you have to pay if you want a physical copy, so that's another main reason why most players downloaded it.

Message 4 of 26 (392 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 6, 2013

xClayMeow wrote:

Still waiting for this to come West! I know it's already planned (and has been delayed), but maybe the success in Japan will push them to speed up the timeline.

 


This is only partially correct; the PC version is already planned and delayed. At no point did Sega say that the PSV version would come to the West and seeing how they chose to localize Project Diva F (PS3) instead of Project Diva (PSV) I'm inclined to believe we won't be seeing PSO2 in the West on our PSVs~.

Message 5 of 26 (383 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 12/26/2012
Offline
1916 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 6, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

xClayMeow wrote:

Still waiting for this to come West! I know it's already planned (and has been delayed), but maybe the success in Japan will push them to speed up the timeline.

 


This is only partially correct; the PC version is already planned and delayed. At no point did Sega say that the PSV version would come to the West and seeing how they chose to localize Project Diva F (PS3) instead of Project Diva (PSV) I'm inclined to believe we won't be seeing PSO2 in the West on our PSVs~.


The game has already been ported over to Vita. If they do localization for the PC, what makes you think they wouldn't do the same for the Vita version? It wouldn't be that much extra effort at that point.

Message 6 of 26 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

You work on assumptions; if a company doesn't specifically say that they will localize a game, then the game doesn't get localized. Let's take One Piece Pirate Warriors 2. It's the exact same game on PS3 as it is on PSV. Guess what? They aren't bringing the PSV version to the West, Namco specifically addressed this issue. Let's look at Project Diva F, which is the same game (with only a couple extra songs on the PS3) on the PS3 and PSV. Only one is coming to the West, guess which one is~.

With PSO2 it's exactly the same. It's not as easy as saying that the script is done therefore it'll just be applied to all versions. Moreso considering that PSO2 pays royalties due to all the crossover stuff; and with the PSV's abyssmal sales in the West, the chances are zero unless Sega themselves come forth and say otherwise~.

Message 7 of 26 (359 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13733 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 6, 2013

Let's all just wait til E3 and see if any news pops up....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 26 (353 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/01/2012
Offline
1160 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 7, 2013
Cant wait for the US Vita version! WOOO!

btw it was confirmed that it will be on US vitas


Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 9 of 26 (330 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 06/20/2012
Offline
2536 posts
 

Re: Phantasy Star Online 2 passes 500,000 users on Vita

Jun 7, 2013
I would like to see the link where it officially confirms this game is coming to the west for the PSV~
Message 10 of 26 (307 Views)
Reply
0 Likes