Reply
Sackboy
Registered: 09/28/2012
Offline
489 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

Jun 20, 2013

I dont know why theres have to be a million threads about this topic, and the one about being force to pay ps plus for the ps4. Its getting ridiculous. When you create your user name, i believe it clearly says you CAN NOT change it once you sumit. You picked that name, you agree to that term, so why you guys complaining about it? If you really that desperate to change your user name, make a new account, Problem solve. Dont make it so hard for sony, and dont need to come in here making tons of threads about it.

Message 11 of 20 (259 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
3105 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

Jun 20, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

I dont know why theres have to be a million threads about this topic, and the one about being force to pay ps plus for the ps4. Its getting ridiculous. When you create your user name, i believe it clearly says you CAN NOT change it once you sumit. You picked that name, you agree to that term, so why you guys complaining about it? If you really that desperate to change your user name, make a new account, Problem solve. Dont make it so hard for sony, and dont need to come in here making tons of threads about it.


your exactly correct..it is NOT hard to pick a decent name you can live with from the start..people like to complain because when they got their ps3 they just hurried up and go online and didn't put much thought in to it and now they want to complain...

 

it's your own fault and you people knew this when you signed up..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 12 of 20 (244 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 12/15/2004
Offline
990 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

Jun 20, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Jung-ook wrote:

Does a petition exist to change our PSN usernames? I know it has been a long requested feature and I'm wondering where I could find it.

 

Cheers


Petitions are not allowed on this website.

 

Please go to the PS BlogShare Website & vote up the 'petition' (suggestion) there.

 

But don't hold your breath, the ability to change your PSN ID or country was never allowed & still isn't, I don't see this option changing anytime soon!

 

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

 

 

BRIT-KO


I know you can change it on XBL, but I have no plans to change it.   Even the name I came up with in late 90s still exists, but rarely used.

 

Yes, people complained having to pay $10 to change the name on Xbox Live. You got a name, keep it since it might not be available again in the future.

Message 13 of 20 (236 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
54480 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

Jun 21, 2013

Jung-ook wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Jung-ook wrote:

Does a petition exist to change our PSN usernames? I know it has been a long requested feature and I'm wondering where I could find it.

 

Cheers


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&locati...

 

dozens of threads asking for the same thing in that link.   There isn't a petition as typically Sony doesn't allow for petitions on the forums. 


I thought Sony wasn't in any way affiliated with the forums?


Sony employees moderate the forums here, their names are a shade brighter red than the MVPs such as brit and myself and you will see under their names their rank identifies them as managers here. 

 

 

Message 14 of 20 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/30/2006
Offline
5202 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

FiveFourteen wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Jung-ook wrote:

Does a petition exist to change our PSN usernames? I know it has been a long requested feature and I'm wondering where I could find it.

 

Cheers


Petitions are not allowed on this website.

 

Please go to the PS BlogShare Website & vote up the 'petition' (suggestion) there.

 

But don't hold your breath, the ability to change your PSN ID or country was never allowed & still isn't, I don't see this option changing anytime soon!

 

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

 

 

BRIT-KO



Jung-ook wrote:

I wasn't starting a petition on the forums, merely asking where I could find one.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seeing your join date,... I would hope you would be smart enough to use the search function.


Please do not patronize me. I did use the search function. If you do not have positive contributions to my question, please do not reply.

Message 15 of 20 (218 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/30/2006
Offline
5202 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

Jun 21, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Jung-ook wrote:

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

Jung-ook wrote:

Does a petition exist to change our PSN usernames? I know it has been a long requested feature and I'm wondering where I could find it.

 

Cheers


http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=labels%2Clocation&locati...

 

dozens of threads asking for the same thing in that link.   There isn't a petition as typically Sony doesn't allow for petitions on the forums. 


I thought Sony wasn't in any way affiliated with the forums?


Sony employees moderate the forums here, their names are a shade brighter red than the MVPs such as brit and myself and you will see under their names their rank identifies them as managers here. 

 

 


Several years back, a moderator stated that Sony employees do not moderate the forums however, the Lithium employees do. Has that changed since then or are the sony employees you are referring to under the Lithium division?

Message 16 of 20 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
Registered: 12/21/2007
Online
54480 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

You are right, several years ago (i think pre 2010) it was run by lithium and lithium moderators but then sony took over from lithium. 

 

Good memory!  Smiley Happy

 

But yes it has changed, now sony owns, runs, and moderates the forums themselves without lithium at all.

Message 17 of 20 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/30/2006
Offline
5202 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

Jun 21, 2013

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

You are right, several years ago (i think pre 2010) it was run by lithium and lithium moderators but then sony took over from lithium. 

 

Good memory!  Smiley Happy

 

But yes it has changed, now sony owns, runs, and moderates the forums themselves without lithium at all.


Alrighty, thanks for the information.

Message 18 of 20 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 11/24/2008
Offline
308 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

Kali_boiz_4life wrote:

I dont know why theres have to be a million threads about this topic, and the one about being force to pay ps plus for the ps4. Its getting ridiculous. When you create your user name, i believe it clearly says you CAN NOT change it once you sumit. You picked that name, you agree to that term, so why you guys complaining about it? If you really that desperate to change your user name, make a new account, Problem solve. Dont make it so hard for sony, and dont need to come in here making tons of threads about it.


When I had my first PS3, all the names I picked were already used.  My system started collecting dust and all I wanted to do was go online and play.  Finally I just went with the name I have now.  I've had this name for a few years now and people never cease to make fun of it online.  I have set up various other accounts with better names, but I decided at the end of the day that giving up 30+ platinum trophies was a hard pill to swallow, so I stick with the same name people keep making fun of.  I have thick skin, but some people don't.  Do you support online bullying?  I'm guessing not.  I don't. Did you know people actually commit suicide because of online bullying?  Let's give victims of online bullying a simple tool to help the situation.  The power to change their usernames. 

Here's why Sony won't.  Sony has a lot of pride in how many online users they have.  I think it's over 100 million by now.  I think that's why Plus is going to be mandatory because they're salivating over the numbers.  Imagine 100 million Playstation Plus payers.  They enjoy having that 3:1 ratio with the competition, but what they don't tell you is that millions of users can't change their usernames and just keep creating one account after another.  I myself have created 3 or 4 additional accounts just because I couldn't change my name.  I know guys that create a new account about every week.  Sony isn't looking at the real numbers.  All they're thinking is "We're blowing the competition out of the water!  Look how many online users we have!"  I think they actually believe that each online user account will be a Plus subscriber once it becomes mandatory.

 

So the numbers are pretty skewed.  I wouldn't be surprised if Sony only has half the online users their touting.  All of this is due to people not being able to change their usernames.  So at the end of the day, it's actually hurting Sony, not helping them.

 

The competitors are getting rich off of charging members to change their usernames.  Sony should take notes.

 

EDIT:  Almost everyone on my friend's list has multilple accounts. 


Get your Portable ID!
The gap between PS3 and everything before is so huge that backwards compatibility is more important now than ever. PS3 games should be preserved.
Message 19 of 20 (104 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Online
24477 posts
 

Re: Petition to change our PSN usernames

[ Edited ]
Oct 2, 2013

I'm going to start a petition to stop people from making PSN Id change threads. Who's with me?

 

Edit: Locked since it's an older thread that focuses on petitions--there are more recent conversations on this topic that can be added to.

Message 20 of 20 (97 Views)
0 Likes