Dec 27 2011
By: JinPhoenix First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

Petition for online ID changer

30 replies 114 views Edited Dec 27, 2010

Its plain and simple, those that would like to have the ability to change there PSN ID just post here.

An ID changer can be implemented in many ways.  I personally don't how it is done just as long as it is done.  Xbox live user are able to change there gamertags, why can't we change our IDs?

-ID changes can be free and unlimited

-they can be free but limited to 1 change a month or something

-the first change can be free but any more name changes on the same account will be charged

-or all ID changes can be charged

I also created a poll for this same petition so if you don't mind please vote in that poll as well.  here is the link to it http://community.us.playstation.com/polls/1136

Message 1 of 31 (114 Views)
Fender Bender
3014 posts

Re: Petition for online ID changer

Dec 27, 2010

Signed

Disclaimer: All trophies are owned and not the result of rentals or falsified profile downloads.
Message 2 of 31 (114 Views)
Sackboy
525 posts

Dec 27, 2010

Signed

Message 3 of 31 (114 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Dec 27, 2010

I can't recall the rules at the moment but I don't think you can have petitions on here. This might get locked.

Message 4 of 31 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Dec 27, 2010

if that is true then sadly this petition will be removed.  lets just hope that it stays up.

Message 5 of 31 (114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
995 posts

Dec 27, 2010

To me all a ID changer is good for are the people who have something to hide , Who have upset other players in games  and or maybe getting banned . Or get Auto kicked out of groups for being Smack Tards.

I disagree with this WHOLE THREAD . . . .

I feel that I have a right to know who is a smack Tard . And to watch out for them Sony you already made it so if people want to change thier names on the PSN they need to make a new account .

I feel if you want to start a new then you need to start from the ground floor up

Message 6 of 31 (114 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Dec 27, 2010

it can easily be made so that these "smack tards" remain in your block list even if they change there ID.

the reason I was wanting to change my ID is because I have formed a team/clan with some friends and we want so show that we are a team when we join a match by having our team name in our ID.

Message 7 of 31 (114 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Dec 27, 2010

You're probably better off submitting the idea in the Share section of the blog. I didn't see the idea on there surprisingly, but I'm pretty positive it must've been recommended before....but who knows. Also in your poll, I would have worded it differently, especially considering that everybody is going to vote for it being free lol. At least put an option stating something along the lines of "as long as the option is available, I don't care how it's done".

@Button Masher, I'm pretty sure that there are ways around that. If a person was reported before they made a name change, more than likely the information will still report to their ID and wouldn't be lost just because it was changed. If anything, I see why you may say that, but truthfully, there are those who either don't like their name anymore from when they made it or have come up with a new name that they like. I'm not one of them, but I can understand why others may want this option.

Message 8 of 31 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3014 posts

Dec 28, 2010

I can honestly say that I'd like to be able to change my name and I have done none of the above nor ever been accused of being a "smack tard". If they were to impliment this feature half-assed then, yes, it could be like opening Pandora's box. But if done right it'd benefit we honest players who would just like to have the option.

Disclaimer: All trophies are owned and not the result of rentals or falsified profile downloads.
Message 9 of 31 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2097 posts

Dec 28, 2010

This is my first reply to anything outside of the MotorStorm Forum. I DEFINITELY AGREE!

Message 10 of 31 (114 Views)
0 Likes