Dec 22 2012
By: brolol07 Lombax Warrior 176 posts

Persona 4 or not?!

17 replies 261 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

I'm looking to buy a game for my Vita to play and I was wondering if Persona 4 was for me. I don't particularly like to read dialoge because I'm in college and read textbooks a lot! Also I don't like JRPG's a lot either. So I have to decide whether Persona 4 is for me, so can you sway me one way or another. Thanks,

Brolol07

Message 1 of 18 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Re: Persona 4 or not?!

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

persona 4 is a good game but it's JRPG and it have alot of dialoge the fighting system is similar to final fantasy games where u have to chose your actions from the list but it have a nice story . if u need to learn more about the story u can check out persona 4 the animation it's a short series u can check the story from it

persona 4 was a good reason for me to get my Vita ^^ and I'm not regreting it ^^

Message 2 of 18 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 22, 2012

brolol07 wrote:

I'm looking to buy a game for my Vita to play and I was wondering if Persona 4 was for me. I don't particularly like to read dialoge because I'm in college and read textbooks a lot! Also I don't like JRPG's a lot either. So I have to decide whether Persona 4 is for me, so can you sway me one way or another. Thanks,

Brolol07

You don't like reading a lot and don't like JRPGs, no offense but asking if Persona 4: The Golden is for you is a question you already answered yourself. It's a JRPG, so you should keep looking for a game that suits your genres of preference~.

Message 3 of 18 (244 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
333 posts

Dec 22, 2012
I had it and I sold it. It a good game it's just really Japanese even in translation. Why they pick characters with high voices when they're English I'm not sure. And it's really long! I had no time to even touch all it had to offer! But again it's a good solid game! Just not for everyone and probably not for u. Plus the first couple hours is limited and almost let's you do nothing while you catch up on the story
Message 4 of 18 (236 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

Some games are just so Japanese (Katamari comes to mind too)  that you really have to be in to them to appreciate them. P4 is one such Japanese game.

Message 5 of 18 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
640 posts

Dec 22, 2012

i tried it and yeah it was just toooo jrpg cliche for me. theres no japanese voices, only english so its pretty bad. every time the girl sings the junes song i wanted to vomit. would have preferred japanese voices. i like the story but then the fighting happens and its so outdated turn based you really have to love the genre to enjoy it. i need more interactivity than that style of fighting. 

took 3 hours just to get in my 1st battle.

i would only recommend it to jrpg fans its too anime kiddy for me. terrible voice acting.

try paper mario 3ds, that game was really fun and not a jrpg.

Equality for all
Message 6 of 18 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Dec 22, 2012

AriesSiren wrote:

i tried it and yeah it was just toooo jrpg cliche for me. theres no japanese voices, only english so its pretty bad. every time the girl sings the junes song i wanted to vomit. would have preferred japanese voices. i like the story but then the fighting happens and its so outdated turn based you really have to love the genre to enjoy it. i need more interactivity than that style of fighting. 

took 3 hours just to get in my 1st battle.

i would only recommend it to jrpg fans its too anime kiddy for me. terrible voice acting.

try paper mario 3ds, that game was really fun and not a jrpg.

The only voice that bothered me is Chie's. The rest don't phase me. Personally have no desire to listen to Japanese voices when I can't understand Japanese. That bothers me. I have played games with far worse voice acting. Tidus springs to mind and so does Vaan. Tales of the Abyss was so bad I couldn't play the game. TA is the only game I have ever stopped playing because of the voice acting. Even turning off the volume did no good since the voices still continued in my head.

Most RPG fans I know wish that there were more turn based RPGs. I grew up with turn based. I enjoy all styles of RPG including the old school turn based.

On topic. If you don't like JRPGs you won't like Persona 4 Golden. If you don't like reading you won't like Persona 4 Golden. Given that you don't like either one, then you definitely want to stay away from Persona 4 Golden.

On the other hand, if you're like me and enjoy turn based and reading, then Persona 4 is the "Must Buy Vita RPG".

Message 7 of 18 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2115 posts

Dec 22, 2012

I have been looking at this one myself. I love RPG games the best. You are right Papa If it was japanese it would lose me too. If the voice acting stopped us from playing a game there is a lot of games I would have missed that were really good games. Back in the ps1 and ps2 days my wife use to tease me about it when see herd the voices. I had to imagine in my own head that they sounded different. They seem to have got a lot better on most games now. But I have been thinking of getting this. I have heard good thing about it. Have seen good reviews on it too.

Message 8 of 18 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Dec 22, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

Most RPG fans I know wish that there were more turn based RPGs. I grew up with turn based. I enjoy all styles of RPG including the old school turn based.

here u just read what's going on inside my mind lol I wish there were more turn based RPG/JRPG 

On the other hand, if you're like me and enjoy turn based and reading, then Persona 4 is the "Must Buy Vita RPG".

persona 4 is must buy and must keep lol ^^

Message 9 of 18 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Dec 22, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

You know, reading this thread I feel like companies are 100% entitled to say "Screw the West" instead of localizing games. The amount of bias towards JRPGs is astounding~.

That and the fact that I really can't picture for the life of me why wouldn't somebody want to read when playing an RPG (be it a Japanese or Western one)~.

Message 10 of 18 (177 Views)
0 Likes