Oct 24 2012
By: SSIntimidator3 First Son 5 posts

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't the system supposed to update it's own software?

2 replies 154 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

I have Plus set to run at 4am every day.  As of three minutes ago the PS3 informed me there is a new software update (4.30 I believe it was.)  Silly me, I could have sworn PS+ was supposed to do all this automatically at the set time so I didn't have to waste time doing it.

Am I wrong?

Message 1 of 3 (154 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't the system supposed to update it's own software?

Oct 25, 2012
PS+ does download the firmware update as part of its Automatic updates function, which I believe runs every other day. Although PS+ downloads the update, it does not install it.

IMO this function works best if you don't use your PS3 every day, that way when there is a required FW update you don't have to was your time downloading it, just installing it...
Message 2 of 3 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2613 posts

Re: Perhaps I'm mistaken, but isn't the system supposed to update it's own software?

Oct 28, 2012

Yeah, but I think it only keeps updating the 5 most recently played games. And it does install the game updates if they're small enough. System Updates only do it every other day, and it does install it if it can do all the downloading and installing within the time frame you set it too.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 3 of 3 (70 Views)
0 Likes