Reply
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/10/2009
Offline
2011 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 13, 2012

True. But as someone else pointed out, the Vita is more expensive than both of those consoles you stated. The 3DS & PSP also had a good amount of excellent titles before the Vita's launch as well. I think more people will buy it after a price drop (I know this seems obvious).

Message 11 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/17/2012
Offline
339 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 13, 2012

I heard it has been selling pretty good in America. If it sells bad in Japan that just means they're going to make more western titles which I'm more for because I'm not a big fan of the japanese games. Well, I'm a fan of the sega japanese games but I think that is a little bit more different then sony japanese games. Like, I like Shenmue because it's an awesome game that I'm still a bit depressed over for not having a finale. It would be cool if they made a Shenmue 3 even if it was dumbed down on production cost just so we could have an ending to the game.

Message 12 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 03/18/2012
Offline
340 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 13, 2012

Many people don't understand why the vita is selling poorly in Japan. The launch was great for us gamers in the west but to Japanese gamers the launch wasn't so great. There are not many good Japanese Vita games and the ones that are coming and are already out are mostly just ports. When games like a new Monster Hunter comes out Vita sales in Japan should increase.

Photobucket
psvitaheaven.wordpress.com

Message 13 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 02/17/2011
Offline
1670 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 13, 2012

If a million units sold, I do not care what  the sales are past that. If I see people around me that have one it has reached my expectations. I can bet when resistance, mortal kombat, gravity rush come out along side playstation suite, sales will go up in the west. They need MGS, FF, and MH to boost it up over there.

Message 14 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/06/2008
Offline
374 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 13, 2012

Septantrionalis wrote:

Lol. Wow. Still doesn't explain the fact that PSP devices are selling better than the Vita.

It has Monster Hunter plus they're still making alot of JRPGs for PSP still in Japan so they'res really no reason for the PSP owners to upgrade yet. Plus the PSP is cheaper.

Message 15 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/12/2010
Offline
6439 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 13, 2012

Believe me I do. I've been trying to get people to understand this for a long time. People thought the 3DS was doomed at launch and look at it now.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 16 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/16/2012
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 14, 2012

Everyone else is worried.  Sony shouldn't be, and likely isn't.  They know they have a top notch product here which will sell bucket loads over the next few years as more and better games come out.

Message 17 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 09/27/2009
Offline
2922 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 14, 2012

glaciusx25 wrote:

CircleBoi6 wrote:

I agree completely. I never really looked forward for the Vita selling well in Japan simply because they are still recovering from the tsunami.

And yet the 3DS is still selling very well (KH3DS sold 210,000 copies last week).

And as Septantrionalis pointed out, the PSP is still outselling it.


So honestly, I don't see how a tsunami would only affect VITA sales (and not Sony sales, since the PSP still does well).

1. A guy is trying to agree with your point and yet you don't want him/her to help, lol.

2. Look at the prices of each device you're talking about.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 18 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 09/19/2010
Offline
621 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 14, 2012

I dont get why people are suprised considering the price points of each system... thats like saying a certain car brand is doomed because it isnt selling well as a Kia, yet the Kia is 10k cheaper...

Photobucket

Message 19 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13578 posts
 

Re: People need to stop

Apr 14, 2012

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

glaciusx25 wrote:

CircleBoi6 wrote:

I agree completely. I never really looked forward for the Vita selling well in Japan simply because they are still recovering from the tsunami.

And yet the 3DS is still selling very well (KH3DS sold 210,000 copies last week).

And as Septantrionalis pointed out, the PSP is still outselling it.


So honestly, I don't see how a tsunami would only affect VITA sales (and not Sony sales, since the PSP still does well).

1. A guy is trying to agree with your point and yet you don't want him/her to help, lol.

2. Look at the prices of each device you're talking about.

Photobucket Long Live Play!

I was replying to the guy above him at the time, he just posted in between.

And I know the prices. But that doesn't mean there should be a 7:1 ratio for only a 25:16 price point.

If, say, 80,000 people can afford a 3DS every week, that shouldn't mean only 9,000 can afford a Vita.

Either way, I'm not saying to look at Japan's sales in the first place. I'm talking about how others keep talking about how its doomed only because it's faring poorly in Japan (though the Vita only sold 200,000 units in March in NA)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 20 of 36 (8 Views)
Reply
0 Likes