Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2013
By: JuanMdP Survivor 2442 posts

Paypal + PSN

11 replies 323 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

This will not be relevant for americans using a PSN account but for everybody else, Sony has finally added the possibility of adding funds to your American PSN account through Paypal. This is good because online stores selling cards usually charge you an extra fee, thus a 50 USD PSN card actually costs you 58 USD+. Service isn't working just yet, seeing as I tried to add funds and got a (very unfriendly) white page with an error, but I'm sure it'll all be worked out soon~.

Source~.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (323 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Re: Paypal + PSN

Jan 20, 2013
Well your are posting this on an American forum so how would this help us? Us.PlayStation.com ? Don't know why people from other countries come the the US forums and ask us questions knowing our rules and restrictions are different then other places.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2442 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Not every country has a PSN which results in people using the American PSN. Not to mention paying through Paypal is safer then using your own CC information as exemplified by 2k11's hack-athon. Plenty of reasons / uses for this information if you have the necessary vision for it~.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
556 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

this is simply because north america now allows paypal as well.

which is about **bleep** time.

The system Sony uses NEVER accepted my CC despite it being totally legit and proper. im so frigging tired of buy a $20 card for $5 purchases.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (296 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11697 posts

Jan 20, 2013
$50 costing $58? Boy do I feel sorry for anyone who has to pay that.

I'm pretty sure Amazon has no such charge
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2442 posts

Jan 20, 2013
Yeah, but for some reason Amazon doesn't sell anything beyond books to a lot of countries (mine included). Still $58 wasn't too bad, stores like Play Asia charge a lot more for PSN cards. Thankfully, with Paypal that'll stop being an issue; well, once it's working~.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3929 posts

Jan 20, 2013
I prefer making purchases with Paypal, so this is good to know.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Jan 21, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Well your are posting this on an American forum so how would this help us? Us.PlayStation.com ? Don't know why people from other countries come the the US forums and ask us questions knowing our rules and restrictions are different then other places.

How about you get your head out of your **bleep**. Lots of users from around the world use the US PSN because either they are acctually from the US or because their PSN is lacking in certain things or a play base in general. Players located in areas where R3 games are sold(Asia version games) usually play on the US PSN because their player base is weird and all over the place and certain games aren't as popular as others.

Thank you for being part of the reason the rest of the world hates us.

To OP, Thank you I like this news.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jan 21, 2013
thank you i love the news no more over pricing psn cards..!
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2442 posts

Mar 7, 2013
I'm sorry to revive this thread but I felt like adding that not everything is at it seems. Now that I finally had the need to add funds to my wallet I found that Paypal isn't what I thought it'd be in terms of a solution; using Paypal would lead one to think that you'd finally be liberated from Sony's PSN region lock, alas, that is not the case~.

If your billing address doesn't belong to the same country as the address registered in your PSN then your operation will be cancelled instantly. A "solution" would be to create a second PP account except you can't have a CC ussed in more than one account; in short, same deal as always and I wound up just buying another $58 PSN card from a site instead of jumping through hoops. Disappointing, to say the least~.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (133 Views)
0 Likes