Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Re: Paying for remote play

Mar 29, 2012

I think it would be wrong for them to charge for it, as it is one of the features that has already been advertised for us in the future. 

It really isnt anything that they can charge for anyways because then it would have to work perfectly and this is one feature that will probably not work as smoothly as people are hoping for, especially over the internet.

I am not willing to pay extra to use remote play but I would pay extra for any game that can be played on both the ps3 and vita.  I think it would be awesome if there were games made that you could DL once and play on ps3 or vita.  Those probably wouldnt be as complex as full ps3 games but it would be a cool idea I think.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 24 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
678 posts

Mar 29, 2012

yeah im on your side. i agree with you I would never pay for something that is already there which is why i mention the WiiU because that's basically it's biggest selling point and feature as far as im concerned.  The fact that if somebody needs to use the tv they can continue their game on the tablet is an awesome idea.  I even bought a SEGA NoMad so that I could take my Genesis games on the road with me.  It was a great invention SEGA came out with, but it was too late in the game and we all know what happened there.... so The Vita has the opportunity to do this and Sony could jump ahead of the curve and fully implement this feature which is what they have implied.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 24 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
187 posts

Apr 24, 2012

OptimusC wrote:

what do you think the WiiU is going to do? if a person wants to watch tv and you are playing your game, wouldn't it be nice to be able to pause your game, pick up your handheld and continue playing from where you left off?? they can keep WiFi Remote Play in the works for right now but Private Remote Play with PS3 Game accessability should already be implemented.  I should already be able to stream my games on my home network to my Vita.

Agree completely

www.dadsofgaming.com / extra-life.org participant
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 24 (12 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

Apr 26, 2012

Online Passes are only necessary because people trade in their games to Gamestops for 1/8th the price they paid for the game new. Until next gen when preowned games won't work, we'll just have to put up with online passes.

And I would love Remote Play now, it's the feature that made me buy a PS3 and Vita to begin with, but I can wait if it means it'll play smooth and have a huge list of compatable games when it comes out.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 24 (12 Views)
0 Likes