MVP Support
6112 posts

Re: Paying for online for ps4?

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Snowstone wrote:

More Smoke and Mirrors..from Sony's Pay to play..

Not getting a PS4.. Like a few people I know.. Sticking with the PS3 till it dies.. and My support for playstation dies with it..

Pay to Play ... is not the way !

Hey, saw an error in your post, thought I'd correct it for you, trying to break the habit, sorry.

See you in a few years or day one of the PS4. Call of Duty owners say the same thing every year, "Don't Like how this series is being copy and paste every year, I'm not buying"

Yet they do. Once you see some of your friends owning a PS4 and/or start to see titles that interest you, you'll make the jump most definitely. You can deny it now if you like, but it's sad to tell you that any naysayers will say the same but will eventually buy a PS4 for the same reasons above. It's not a matter of if, it's just a matter if time Smiley Wink!

@younginflavor18 A few people in these forums are like old people, they prefer nothing to change or get better, they rather stick to the same old same old. Good thing many companies don't care for this type of mentality, otherwise we wouldn't get new things EVER. Take Oreo for example, people prefer the original but Nabisco doesn't care and keeps experimenting. Watermelon flavored Oreos were pretty great!

I mean look how the smartphone evolved our world. Don't people use phones to make calls, old people would say. Why charge people for data and texting, I'm just going to use the phone for calls right. No one should be paying for data and texting at all whatsoever, if anything, it should be free since I bought the expensive smartphone right? Right...

Message 61 of 73 (152 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Jul 6, 2013
I'm used to a subscription so this is cool with me. PS+ pay for itself.
 photo sig_zps8bd32844.jpg
Reformed Xbox Player (6/23/13)
Online/Co-op: Battlefield 3 - Saints Row 3 - Killzone 2&3 - LittleBigPlanet Racing - FFXIV [Beta]
Message 62 of 73 (142 Views)
MVP Support
14142 posts

Jul 6, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

Not getting a PS4.. Like a few people I know.. Sticking with the PS3 till it dies.. and My support for playstation dies with it..

Hey, saw an error in your post, thought I'd correct it for you, trying to break the habit, sorry.

See you in a few years or day one of the PS4. Call of Duty owners say the same thing every year, "Don't Like how this series is being copy and paste every year, I'm not buying"

Yet they do. Once you see some of your friends owning a PS4 and/or start to see titles that interest you, you'll make the jump most definitely. You can deny it now if you like, but it's sad to tell you that any naysayers will say the same but will eventually buy a PS4 for the same reasons above. It's not a matter of if, it's just a matter if time Smiley Wink!

@younginflavor18 A few people in these forums are like old people, they prefer nothing to change or get better, they rather stick to the same old same old. Good thing many companies don't care for this type of mentality, otherwise we wouldn't get new things EVER. Take Oreo for example, people prefer the original but Nabisco doesn't care and keeps experimenting. Watermelon flavored Oreos were pretty great!

I mean look how the smartphone evolved our world. Don't people use phones to make calls, old people would say. Why charge people for data and texting, I'm just going to use the phone for calls right. No one should be paying for data and texting at all whatsoever, if anything, it should be free since I bought the expensive smartphone right? Right...

I for one gave you a nod in approval and and a kudo for your response about seeing change for the better. Smiley Happy

Playstation Telephone Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-8:00pm PST (Closed on Saturdays & Sundays)
Customer Service - 1-800-345-7669
Account and Billing Support - 1-877-971-7669
Sony Rewards - 1-888-715-7669
Message 63 of 73 (140 Views)
MVP Support
6112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Kraine_ wrote: I'm used to a subscription so this is cool with me. PS+ pay for itself.  The ones who complain about it the most have never used PS+ in their life, so their judgment calls are almost invalid. I agree, After a few months my PS+ subscription paid for itself in free games alone.Games I might not have given a chance but ended up liking. Gravity Rush was a game I was interested in but never bought, PS+ gave it to me for free, sadly I actually enjoyed the game, wish I had bought it. Spec Ops the Line is another title I was interested in, along with Dues Ex Human Revolution, and Saints Row the Third -games I never purchased, played them because PS+ gave it to me for free, loved the games. I could pull more examples but then this post would be enormous.

Message 64 of 73 (137 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I'm so excited about the ps4, I preordered mine w/ knack and watchdogs, I don't mind the online fee cause there are many benefits to ps+, but I don't play online so I'll probably not even pay for it. I'm glad that sony is incorporating this though cause you can just get the 3 months card for like 20 bucks or something. Also I like that I don't have to have ps+ for netflix and stuff like that. I've been reading all the back and forth comments about the xb1 and ps4, and I'm happy w/ my choice and am very excited about the system. Hopefully ps4 will bring playstation back to the glory days of ps1/ps2. Have fun everyone ^ ^

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 65 of 73 (125 Views)
MVP Support
6112 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Artfuldead wrote:

I'm so excited about the ps4, I preordered mine w/ knack and watchdogs, I don't mind the online fee cause there are many benefits to ps+, but I don't play online so I'll probably not even pay for it. I'm glad that sony is incorporating this though cause you can just get the 3 months card for like 20 bucks or something. Also I like that I don't have to have ps+ for netflix and stuff like that. I've been reading all the back and forth comments about the xb1 and ps4, and I'm happy w/ my choice and am very excited about the system. Hopefully ps4 will bring playstation back to the glory days of ps1/ps2. Have fun everyone ^ ^

See, this is a fantastic example of some one who knows they will need PS+ for multiplayer and sees the benefits thereof. More so this new user doesn't want PS+ right now as they will be getting games that may not need it (multiplayer pay) but still again sees the benefits if he ever gets it. I applaud you in posting without going the negative route like some have. Welcome to the community and hopefully we might see you more here and maybe in the future on PS4 multiplayer matches. You made the right choice btw, PS4 is definitely a console so worth buying!

Also, not only can you get a year's worth of PS+ for $50 a year, but if you wait a bit Sony likes to entice people with a 15 month offer for the same price $50. PS+ covers three platforms also, so if you have a PS3 and/or Vita you get tons of free games, early beta access, huge discounts (50-80% off on sales, the Summer sale right now has great games for as low as 60 cents to $5), and automatic updates/trophy syncs/patches (something I take for granted now). The PS4 falls under the same PS+ umbrella, so for one low price of $50 covers the PS3/PS4/Vita together not separately (and yes, if you are already a PS+ member and get your PS4, the subscription rolls over to it). Once you are a member, you'll love it like a lot of us.

Message 66 of 73 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1311 posts

Jul 6, 2013

da1writer wrote:

Snowstone wrote:

Like the Few, we are proud and we are many when added up..

You modify my post for the prosper of Sony. 

When my PS3 dies, so does my support for Playstation..

Message 67 of 73 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I will gladly pay the 50 dollars per year for better online game play, i will just have to cut out one game a year to make up the difference.  I usually get about 5 new games a year.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 68 of 73 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1648 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

I had gotten ps+ when the dcuo beta came out, and it was pretty cool to have, and that's when online play was free, they had free games and discount prices on stuff, free dlc and stuff. Although for me it was like paying 20 to play dcuo and getting alot of things for free. So now they're going to charge to play multiplayer online, cool, have the better security, maybe dedicated servers, keep hackers away if possible, I like it, I'm paying 15 a month right now for xbox live, and only thing I do on there is watch netflix -_- . I get where ppl are coming from w/ the keep online play free, but sony probably doesn't want the security breach again. At least (as far as I know) sony isn't releasing a "free" game at launch and charging for every character you want to play (xbox 1 killer instinct), think of it like this if you pay for a year at $50, you get that driveclub game for free, so just think you're paying for the game, and I'm sure next year they'll have some other nice deals as well. ^^

Got my Vita for $50. Woot.
Message 69 of 73 (106 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5492 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 70 of 73 (92 Views)
0 Likes