Wastelander
596 posts

Re: Paying for online for ps4?

Jun 14, 2013

You just can't tell these people to not get it if they don't want to pay for it.

It will only enrage them further.  Yes it was the promise that PSN will be free and they have done a good job at that for the ps3, but its time to move on.

I can't see how thats much of a issue here. Most people spend up to 20-30 bucks on a used game or Heck even the whole 60 bucks on a new game they want within a year. Throw that money on plus and who knows... That used game you wanted to buy will sooner or later be free on PS Plus, or down the line that new game you wanted will be discounted on digital download.

You still got 11 months more to see what stuff they will shovel at you. Its games people! I mean not super AAA games but its something to say hey heres something for your monies.

I'm sure within your year of PS+ Subscription people will earn more than the 50 bucks they lose for the year.. (If employed) Or receive money from a birthday or christmas or whatever.

Yes they are charging for multiplayer. BOO on them. They have reasons for this charge.

Would you prefer to get nothing for your 50 dollars but the power to play online only? Just to pay for the flick of a switch to play a game? Thats where I would bring out the pitchforks and torches. Until I see what they are offering for the PS4 PS+ lineup I can't fully judge it down yet.

Message 41 of 73 (187 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jun 15, 2013

if you buy a game for there gaming system and have to pay for online gaming it's just not worth buying a PS4.

sound like they are going to do a microsoft business decision that other people won't like. which is figuring out

how much they can keep charging you before you decide its not worth buying ?

Message 42 of 73 (160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5642 posts

Jun 15, 2013
@jaybird the difference is you get more perks paying for plus then you do paying for live.
Consumer Services and Technical Support 1-800-345-7669
Mon - Fri, 8:00AM - 8:00PM PST

Live Chat
I don't work for Sony. Just a gamer helping others.
Message 43 of 73 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 15, 2013

OniJsan wrote:

You just can't tell these people to not get it if they don't want to pay for it.

It will only enrage them further.  Yes it was the promise that PSN will be free and they have done a good job at that for the ps3, but its time to move on.

I can't see how thats much of a issue here. Most people spend up to 20-30 bucks on a used game or Heck even the whole 60 bucks on a new game they want within a year. Throw that money on plus and who knows... That used game you wanted to buy will sooner or later be free on PS Plus, or down the line that new game you wanted will be discounted on digital download.

You still got 11 months more to see what stuff they will shovel at you. Its games people! I mean not super AAA games but its something to say hey heres something for your monies.

I'm sure within your year of PS+ Subscription people will earn more than the 50 bucks they lose for the year.. (If employed) Or receive money from a birthday or christmas or whatever.

Yes they are charging for multiplayer. BOO on them. They have reasons for this charge.

Would you prefer to get nothing for your 50 dollars but the power to play online only? Just to pay for the flick of a switch to play a game? Thats where I would bring out the pitchforks and torches. Until I see what they are offering for the PS4 PS+ lineup I can't fully judge it down yet.

Onji we could say Boo to you too for complaining about us. Our points are our points and on top of that they are valid. We can care less about the psn network. For people like us will never need it. I rather own what I want than to stream what I don't want. And of course the big issue is that what we do care about is online. We been online for free since the beginning. It may not mean much to you especially if your coming from the xbox generation. Well we are Sony generation. Sony got it right a long time ago because they knew we pay for consoles, we pay for accessories to the console, We pay for games, we play for the internet. Isn't that enough?

Sony thought so which is why our online was free. Now our biggest complaint  is they are forcing everyone who wants to go online to get psn whether you want to use it or not!!!!!   I don't like to be forced to do anything. Personally this is a slap in the face to all those past Sony fanbase and just because your not offended we are. Besides this issue there are others, which is no backwards capability and since everyone is accepting psn charges this sets up some unknown and unmentioned points which no one is discussing. For example, micro-minicharges on top of psn charges. There are more but this is a good point.

So we point this out with the hopes to inform the community and sway judgement to get Sonys attention. Trust me we have done it before. Anywho just wanted to say this... its not because we are whinners all of a sudden or we are too cheap. We see the future and its turning into xbox and we hated all things xbox. For thats why we choose Sony a long time ago.

Message 44 of 73 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Sony have been doing great lately, you should be grateful for what we have already. Besides, PS+ is a better service than standard PSN./

Message 45 of 73 (139 Views)
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Jun 15, 2013

Short and sweet. I'll never pay to play a game I paid for. Not gonna happen.

The only thing I can see about the PS4 that's better than the PS3 is the graphics anyway. And they're just a tad better. Not really much difference.

Message 46 of 73 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 15, 2013
obviously you are not mature enough to understand or the ability to
comprehend what you write or say it is true that there is a sucker
born every minute so go enjoy your piece of swamp land
microsoft financial adviser .
Message 47 of 73 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Jun 15, 2013

I am currently not a PS+ subscriber. If I become one, which I will, on day one, am I entitled to DriveClub? Or do you have to be a member for x amount of time?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 48 of 73 (116 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11353 posts

Jun 15, 2013

MrJones0577 wrote:

I am currently not a PS+ subscriber. If I become one, which I will, on day one, am I entitled to DriveClub? Or do you have to be a member for x amount of time?

You buy a PS4, and you buy a PS+ subscription, you get the PS+ edition of DriveClub for free, as well as an additional game each month for free.  If you have a PS Vita and/or a PS3, you also get access to the free games and discounts on those platforms, as well.

All said and done, if you pay $50 for a year of PS+, you will get hundreds of dollars worth of games and discounts throughout the course of the year.  PS+ basically pays for itself in a matter of weeks.

Message 49 of 73 (111 Views)
MVP Support
11353 posts

Jun 15, 2013

uh--oh wrote:
It wouldnt be so bad if the price was cheaper but you pay for your own console. You pay for controllers and other accessories. You pay for high speed internet. Now you pay for online. Yeah that's how it suppose to be....!

You pay for a year of PS+ for $50 and Sony literally GIVES you hundreds of dollars worth of content between games and discounts.

If you don't care to accept it, that's your business, but DO NOT make the mistake of thinking a PS+ subscription ONLY pays for PS4 online play.

Message 50 of 73 (107 Views)