Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Re: Paying for online for ps4?

Jun 14, 2013

Mark_Critelli wrote:

STOP making paying for online a BIG deal, sony will have it better then xbox for the fact xbox live is 50-60$ a year & what u get out of it just online play. you pay 50$ for PS+ what will u get Online play, free games, discounts 10%-75% off games/DLC & more. So u get 10x more then xbox live does. So stop complaining & Grow Up. 

Mark I hope you are right. I've been with Sony since the beginning and one thing I know if Sony never gets it right or fixes anything. IM a classic socomer and we never got our servers or cheaters or anything flixed. Same thing we we moved from ps2 to ps3. Nothing got fixed. And.

Here is one thing and I mentioned it to someone else but feel it needs said here. This huge flux of xbox people and sony is not saying how many new servers are actually being created. How do you think the first year online is going to be? Food for thought bro.

Message 31 of 73 (161 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30915 posts

Jun 14, 2013
Online Multiplayer should be free!!
The Games should be free!!
The Controller should be free!!
The camera should be free!!
The console should be free!!

This is just money gouging!! It's not like Sony is a corporation that just lost billions on the PS3!! Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Smiley Indifferent
Message 32 of 73 (160 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Re: Pay for online play on ps4 rant ahead

Jun 14, 2013

ck2875 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ck2875 wrote:

balmungfury wrote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/sony-raises-its-sales-forecasts-for-playstation-4
I do not think they care, bye. 10 more will take our place.

Currently there's approximately a 17.5 to 1 (PS4 to Xbox) ratio going over on Amazon's demand poll. I can't see Sony changing their stance with such high demand.

Hate to burst the bubble but all that is not because Sony did something spectacular. Some of that can be caused by xbox1 people not willing to put up with that brand. I think this is a huge mistake for Sony charging for online services. Forcing people just like Micrsoft is forcing their group to let go of used games etc.. Its not right by either means.

I never said Sony did anything spectacular, but rather only mentioned that an apparantly high demand will likely mean that Sony won't change their stance on the pay-wall. I know that the people ranting in most of the anger-related threads aren't looking for people to change their minds, so I'm not going to spew highly subjective tidbits to counter their arguments.

Agreed. But know this, imagine how the first year is going to be when you don't know how many new servers there are. INflux of microsoft peeps with new ps4 owners may crash the whole system. I know sony is very slow as to fixing stuff like this so it will be interesting. BECAUSE how are you going to feel after paying good money and still can't play online because the servers have crashed? It happened before in the ps3 era...Sony wasn't ready for all the new people.

Message 33 of 73 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

Jun 14, 2013

RELOADEDRECORDS wrote:

The best line i heard in this topic " ...Sony needs more money..."

Are you SERIOUS?!?!?

Can someone who is not either a Sony undercover paid employee, or a sheep, please explain why his brain farts?

Read this, read this now.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/13/ps-plus-multiplayer-fee-to-fund-improvements/

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 34 of 73 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

This is just money gouging!! It's not like Sony is a corporation that just lost billions on the PS3!! Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme Smiley Indifferent

WOW and your a MVP. Well Sir I say this. Some of these guys have a legitimate beef. Sony told us loyal brand followers they would never charge for online. You have to understand we have been with this company since the beginning and I've played all my games online for free while I laughed at xbox.

It wouldnt be so bad if the price was cheaper but you pay for your own console. You pay for controllers and other accessories. You pay for high speed internet. Now you pay for online. Yeah that's how it suppose to be....!

Message 35 of 73 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13054 posts

Jun 14, 2013
FFS you all look like children right now
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 36 of 73 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

RELOADEDRECORDS wrote:

Are you SERIOUS?!?!?

Can someone who is not either a Sony undercover paid employee, or a sheep, please explain why his brain farts?

Read this, read this now.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/13/ps-plus-multiplayer-fee-to-fund-improvements/

Dark let me say this. Your speaking to "some" people who don't care about the psn network. For example, all the free stuff you may never use or try so would that still be a great deal? Nope. So your down to only online service and now your paying for that. Hard to accept because we were told this would always be free.

Message 37 of 73 (142 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30915 posts

Jun 14, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

WOW and your a MVP. Well Sir I say this. Some of these guys have a legitimate beef. Sony told us loyal brand followers they would never charge for online. You have to understand we have been with this company since the beginning and I've played all my games online for free while I laughed at xbox.

It wouldnt be so bad if the price was cheaper but you pay for your own console. You pay for controllers and other accessories. You pay for high speed internet. Now you pay for online. Yeah that's how it suppose to be....!

I'm searching on Google and don't see anything where Sony said they would never charge for online play. It's still free for PS3. But PS4 is a different console that's set on pushing social gaming and that means a greater emphasis on online gaming which means they need bigger and better servers which costs a lot more money than PS3's servers.

Sony's also trying to make a profit on the PS4 while making improvements to the PSN and making these improvements cost money so something had to give. Free online multiplayer isn't some gaming amendment written into some gaming constitution. Sony is going to do what's best for Sony at the end of the day because Sony is a business. If $50 at once is too much then you can pay $18 every three months. As a college student, I find that much more manageable. 

Message 38 of 73 (138 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 14, 2013

eagles1990 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

eagles1990 wrote:

I'm searching on Google and don't see anything where Sony said they would never charge for online play. It's still free for PS3. But PS4 is a different console that's set on pushing social gaming and that means a greater emphasis on online gaming which means they need bigger and better servers which costs a lot more money than PS3's servers.

Sony's also trying to make a profit on the PS4 while making improvements to the PSN and making these improvements cost money so something had to give. Free online multiplayer isn't some gaming amendment written into some gaming constitution. Sony is going to do what's best for Sony at the end of the day because Sony is a business. If $50 at once is too much then you can pay $18 every three months. As a college student, I find that much more manageable. 

Eagle I couldn't find it but it was said. Anywho. It was said by sony we are listening and I don't think they were. There are a lot of people like me who don't stream, care for cloud or even ever use psn.If sony wanted to vamp of psn they should take money from somewhere else. Keep online free.

Yet even now I still can't understand how this is a good thing when as gamers we keep losing stuff in the name of advancement? Trust me we have lost enough. But I guess thats something your gonna have to figure out for yourself.

Message 39 of 73 (135 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2013

RELOADEDRECORDS wrote:

Are you SERIOUS?!?!?

Except.... Sony is reporting losses.... and has been for about 5 years.... But I guess because you believe you're entitled to have everthing free, you should have things for free right?

Get a job, first. 

So many idiots whining and complaining.... guess what... YOU DON"T HAVE TO GET IT. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 40 of 73 (134 Views)