Nov 15 2013
By: Dimitry03 Lombax Warrior 127 posts

Pause Downloads on Ps4?

8 replies 2163 views Edited Nov 15, 2013

has anyone figured out if you can pause current downloads or not? if so how do you pause them. the only option i see is to delete the downlo and i dont wanna do that.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (2,163 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
130 posts

Re: Pause Downloads on Ps4?

Nov 17, 2013

Apparently the not so brilliant minds at Sony, forgot the pause option and left a delete only option. This is something they need to hear and fix right away, I'm stuck with a lot of game downloads on the background and can't even play online properly because the **bleep** downloads are hogging up the bandwidth. I truthfully love the PS4 but Sony screwed up big time with the OS it is a good looking OS but it is AWFUL when it comes to using, they removed all the useful options, features and customization the PS3's XMB offered.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (2,130 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

Nov 17, 2013

Don't forget the feature to change the background color and theme. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (2,123 Views)
Lombax Warrior
160 posts

Nov 17, 2013

DaLa_DieR wrote:

Apparently the not so brilliant minds at Sony, forgot the pause option and left a delete only option. This is something they need to hear and fix right away, I'm stuck with a lot of game downloads on the background and can't even play online properly because the **bleep** downloads are hogging up the bandwidth. I truthfully love the PS4 but Sony screwed up big time with the OS it is a good looking OS but it is AWFUL when it comes to using, they removed all the useful options, features and customization the PS3's XMB offered.

"...Sony screwed up big time..." is a bit extreme dont you think? This can all be added in a firmware updated. Its only the first week, soon updates will be rolling out with all kinds of goodies.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (2,112 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1122 posts

Nov 17, 2013

juju954fl wrote:

DaLa_DieR wrote:

"...Sony screwed up big time..." is a bit extreme dont you think? This can all be added in a firmware updated. Its only the first week, soon updates will be rolling out with all kinds of goodies.

By the he means day 2 of the PS4. DAY 2!! There are bound to be little issues and such with a launch of a new system.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (2,108 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
255 posts

Feb 5, 2014
Just wanted to bump this thread because this issue sure does need fixing!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (1,274 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Feb 5, 2014

If you go into settings and Uncheck "Connect to Internet" and wait a couple minutes untill you see downloads failed. Then check the box again. The downloads will not resume until you click on them and hit resume one at a time. I've resorted to doing this on several occasions. Needs a perm fix.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (1,261 Views)
PlayStation MVP
46851 posts

Feb 6, 2014

Dimitry03 wrote:

has anyone figured out if you can pause current downloads or not? if so how do you pause them. the only option i see is to delete the downlo and i dont wanna do that.

You can not at this time but I did put it on the stickied wishlist thread (I think anyway)

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (1,228 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5446 posts

Feb 6, 2014

BloodSpillBill wrote:
Just wanted to bump this thread because this issue sure does need fixing!!!

There was no need to necrobump this.  It, as far as I know, is already on the PS4 Update Wishlist.

Grindhead_Jim

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (1,217 Views)
0 Likes