Oct 24 2012
By: infavol First Son 1 posts

Patch 4.30

14 replies 671 views Edited Oct 24, 2012

Was it really necessary to put the trophy icon under PSN instead of Game?

It made perfect sense to have it under games: you get trophies from games, you play games to get trophies, trophies are categorized by what game they come from.  They don't really have much to do with PSN because there's not an official leaderboard from sony.

The icon just seems out of place now, and there's a huge gap in the game section as well.  I'd personally love to see it go back to how it was but if not then I'll have to get used to scrolling to it rather than it being right there for me.

Message 1 of 15 (671 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Re: Patch 4.30

Oct 24, 2012
So would I but we can't personally do it ourselves. I think they put it under pssn because now with the way you can view trophies in now "Psp ps3 and ps vita" Which I believe would take Internet (PSN) To update all your trophies or something like that ?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 15 (649 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Oct 24, 2012

I also think having the PS Store icon under games is stupid and makes no sense. I don't need 2 icons for the same thing on my UI.

Message 3 of 15 (628 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

it is what it is got to live with it

Oct 24, 2012

it is what it is got to live with it

Message 4 of 15 (619 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
529 posts

Re: it is what it is got to live with it

Oct 24, 2012

At one point, didn't they add the PS Store icon under video, games, PSN ? It's excessive when it's more than 1. But soon, Sony will probably place advertisements all over xmb and when we turn on PS3, load games, movies, sign into PSN..... Hooray for EULA!

Final Fantasy XI: Darklordsidius
(Caitsith) *Ragnarok*

Gaming since 1982
Message 5 of 15 (586 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 24, 2012

Has anyone else had problems with the latest update?  I just installed it and then when it rebooted I'm getting nothing.  There is no picture, green light is on and controller is flashing but nothing else is happening.  Tried a soft reboot and still getting nothing.

Message 6 of 15 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Oct 24, 2012

No problems with installing my update.

Will the Trophy Board automatically update now?

Message 7 of 15 (452 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

I agree with OP but the fact that it also syncs everytime from there bugs me. I used to have my Facebook linked up so that whenever i had synced all my trophies, they would show up in a round of 10 or so. Now that the trophy case is in it's new place with the stupid constant sync, every time i want to check it for the details of the next trophy i want to hunt, im forced to sync. Be it 1 to 5 trophies, however many ive earned will spam my FB wall; i have since unlinked my account. The sync also slows me down from trophy hunting because syncing has never quite been a quick process. Hell, even leaving the XMB in mid-game could force a hang > __ <

please change it back

Message 8 of 15 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
110 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 24, 2012

apophenik wrote:

I agree with OP but the fact that it also syncs everytime from there bugs me. I used to have my Facebook linked up so that whenever i had synced all my trophies, they would show up in a round of 10 or so. Now that the trophy case is in it's new place with the stupid constant sync, every time i want to check it for the details of the next trophy i want to hunt, im forced to sync. Be it 1 to 5 trophies, however many ive earned will spam my FB wall; i have since unlinked my account. The sync also slows me down from trophy hunting because syncing has never quite been a quick process. Hell, even leaving the XMB in mid-game could force a hang > __ <

please change it back

You can change it to offline mode witch should fix your problem press triangle on the trophy icon then switch modes.

Message 9 of 15 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
233 posts

Oct 24, 2012

i like the ingame auto trophy sync

Message 10 of 15 (281 Views)
0 Likes