Highlighted
Feb 04 2013
By: muhmuhhuh First Son 1 posts

Password and account sharing dilemma

4 replies 174 views Edited Feb 4, 2013

Hello there.

Recently a family member of mine has been involved in some password sharing I guess would be the best term for it. 

My credit card was linked into the account for PSN purchases and all of a sudden of course 130 quid has been used on buying stuff (my own stupid fault really, such is life etc) 

But my main question is should I worry about my actual credit card details? Will I have to get a new card etc? The account has been changed back and I am in possession of it again and I have deleted all the details associated with it. 

So yeah whats my next step here? 

Thanks in advance for any guidance. 

Message 1 of 5 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
37712 posts

Re: Password and account sharing dilemma

Feb 5, 2013

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

So you have control of your account again is that correct?

If so, & if you haven't already, change your password immediately!

If I were you I would probably play safe & remove the credit card that was on there & change it for another one, it may also be prudent to cancel that card with your card issuer & ask them to send you a new one, just explain that the card may have been compromised.

Finally ban the person who gave away your account details from using the PS3 for a month, they really were very stupid & you can count yourself very very lucky to have your account back.

Message 2 of 5 (151 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7546 posts

Feb 5, 2013

Life lesson here kiddos, pay attention. Do not account share. Especially with financial information.

Message 3 of 5 (134 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1368 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Shove the terms of use in said family member's face.
 photo EZRASIG_zpsf85694e2.jpg
Message 4 of 5 (129 Views)
PlayStation MVP
53294 posts

Feb 6, 2013

muhmuhhuh wrote:

Hello there.

Recently a family member of mine has been involved in some password sharing I guess would be the best term for it. 

My credit card was linked into the account for PSN purchases and all of a sudden of course 130 quid has been used on buying stuff (my own stupid fault really, such is life etc) 

But my main question is should I worry about my actual credit card details? Will I have to get a new card etc? The account has been changed back and I am in possession of it again and I have deleted all the details associated with it. 

So yeah whats my next step here? 

Thanks in advance for any guidance. 

Karma is one persistant lady!
I'm a bit on the paranoid/safe side of information issues so if it was me I'd get a new card number for whatever card I had registered in that PS3!
Message 5 of 5 (101 Views)
0 Likes