Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Re: Party Mode, Friends & Messages NEED FIXED.

Feb 27, 2012

oOJoN wrote:

It saves battery and there is a way to make it not go to sleep quick under settings.

Really? I did not know that.

Give the user the option (and the responsibility) to save his battery on his own. I know what is good for me. However I understand that some people need Sony to think for them.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
81 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. It's not as "connected" as the PS3 and while it's certainly more connected than PSP was, I think there's room for significant improvement.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6399 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I agree. How we spend our battery should be 100% in our control. The most time we can set before the system goes to sleep is 5 minutes. Lame.

Also, Near needs to be fixed. Not accurate enough and I keep getting an error code.

Friends and Messages should be a combined app. Really makes no sense why it isn't.

Facebook. Yeah they are working on it.

Flickr. I keep getting error codes.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!
http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4 and PS3 Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I agree with OP. Logging into the PSN every couple minutes is annoying once I sign in I should stay signed in till I turn off my system or I sign out myself. I also find it wierd that you don't automatically gain messages right away you ethier have to sit there and press the sync every second or wait 15min for it to sync it's self to recieve your message it make's it very inconvientent. Unfortunatly the whole social aspect of the Vita is kinda ruined due to Sony dictating on how we use our battery useage, especially with the Network features being turned off in most of the good games making the social aspect of the Vita useless.

Last complaint I promise, it needs better PS3 to Vita social integration. PS3 users should see Vita owners online, be able to send pictures, and it would be nice to see my Vita trophies on my PS3.

Other than those issues I'm enjoying my Vita very much. Uncharted, Lumines, and Wipeout are great.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
836 posts

Feb 27, 2012

You can at least set the sleep timer to 5 minutes, and then just manually put it to sleep when needed. thats the best current solution until Sony updates the FW. :s

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2918 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I really wish the Vita would stay connected to the PSN all the time until I manually log off. Without a "hold" button/slider, one has to put the device in sleep mode and that causes one to be logged off automatically.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Feb 27, 2012

I just found out last night that the PS3 and PSV do not sync themselves to each other on certain things. I got all these notifications on the home console for friend requests I already responded to on the Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
598 posts

Feb 27, 2012

Shy_Guy92 wrote:

Last complaint I promise, it needs better PS3 to Vita social integration. PS3 users should see Vita owners online, be able to send pictures, and it would be nice to see my Vita trophies on my PS3.

My awesome website .
Starhawk Beta Code Giveaway! .

Yes!!!!  The fact that no one can ever see me online drives me nuts.  Also, why is Sony seperating the PS3 & Vita so much by not allowing the other to join a regular voice chat?  It makes no sense.  If I want to invite my PS3 friends to Party with my Vita friends, why can't I do that?  I want to be able to see pictures my PS3 friends send me and vise-versa.  I really do hope Sony fixes these issues.  I have faith

Former Home Community Volunteer
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (30 Views)
0 Likes