Highlighted
Dec 27 2011
By: realnatedogg First Son 3 posts

**Party Chat**

10 replies 115 views Edited Dec 27, 2011

I've been an Xbox/Xbox 360 user for some time now, and I love the Party Chat feature, one that the PlayStation 3 lacks.

I've also been going back and forth on whether or not to buy a PS3, and finally got one for Christmas, since it was a great deal and I wanted to play Uncharted 3. But, I'm still quite disappointed in the PSN service, especially the lack of Party Chat, and other features such as the inability to pay for PlayStation Plus with PayPal.

I would like to know how many people would like to see a Party Chat feature in an upcoming update, and how many would be willing to pay a subscription fee to pay for it.

I would love it and I know I would pay for it, but would you?

Message 1 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: **Party Chat**

Dec 28, 2011

I could care less whether it is ever implemented or not, and certainly wouldn't pay for it.

At this point I wouldn't plan on seeing it come to fruition on the PS3; if they could implement it I'm sure they would have by now, since people have been asking for it for years.

Message 2 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Dec 28, 2011

realnatedogg wrote:

I've been an Xbox/Xbox 360 user for some time now, and I love the Party Chat feature, one that the PlayStation 3 lacks.

I've also been going back and forth on whether or not to buy a PS3, and finally got one for Christmas, since it was a great deal and I wanted to play Uncharted 3. But, I'm still quite disappointed in the PSN service, especially the lack of Party Chat, and other features such as the inability to pay for PlayStation Plus with PayPal.

I would like to know how many people would like to see a Party Chat feature in an upcoming update, and how many would be willing to pay a subscription fee to pay for it.

I would love it and I know I would pay for it, but would you?

pay for it???? hahahahahahahahaha

use it? most likely not

Message 3 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 28, 2011

I guess after not having Party Chat for so long, PS3 users have grown accustomed to it. But for long time Xbox users, it's kind of expected to have some sort of Party Chat feature.

Also, is there a reason you both seem to "hate" this idea?

Message 4 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5113 posts

Dec 28, 2011

its not really hate - just cant even start to tell you how many threads over the years have been done on this topic

i own both systems -- used party chat once on my xbox---then wondered why someone wanted to chat with me about a diffrent game then the one i was playing- and never used again. some people like to chat--IMnot one of them --so personally not for me0--- but i see others useing it

Message 5 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10183 posts

Dec 28, 2011

realnatedogg wrote:

I guess after not having Party Chat for so long, PS3 users have grown accustomed to it. But for long time Xbox users, it's kind of expected to have some sort of Party Chat feature.

Not all ps3 users only have 1 console. I have a 360 and rarely use that feature so i couldn't care less if the ps3 dosen't have it.

Message 6 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Dec 29, 2011

realnatedogg wrote:

I don't hate it, I just wouldn't pay for it and likely wouldn't even use it if it was free.

Message 7 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 22, 2012

OH... MY GOD, YES!

I just spent half an hour today trying to work out how to voice chat with a friend and get some GT5 on - what a pain in the ass the whole process is. I had to send him a stupid room number the size of a Microsoft license on the old telegraph phone. No chatty chatty until you're all in the lobby.

Some people are so narrow minded about this. Fair enough you can chat when you are in the game but what happens when you want to change games? Or join a different room/lobby? What about if you don't want to voice chat with X other randoms in a game, just your friend? The point is, if the operating system handled the party (let's call it a psparty to distinguish it a little) then you wouldn't have to worry about any of this.

Xbox Live has nailed the community aspect of online gaming. Sony should spend some of that time they put in to that junk called PS Home in to adding features that users, for years now, have been begging for. I guess not all of these features bring in the same revenue as virtual homeware.

Message 8 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Jan 22, 2012

I don't really care about party chat either, I am sure that it is something that many people want, but I tried to talk to others on my 360 while in a party, playing different games while playing can get too confusing for me, makes for a distraction to me rather than a feature.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Message 9 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10183 posts

Jan 24, 2012

Hartleigh wrote:

OH... MY GOD, YES!

I just spent half an hour today trying to work out how to voice chat with a friend and get some GT5 on - what a pain in the *** the whole process is. I had to send him a stupid room number the size of a Microsoft license on the old telegraph phone. No chatty chatty until you're all in the lobby.

Some people are so narrow minded about this. Fair enough you can chat when you are in the game but what happens when you want to change games? Or join a different room/lobby? What about if you don't want to voice chat with X other randoms in a game, just your friend? The point is, if the operating system handled the party (let's call it a psparty to distinguish it a little) then you wouldn't have to worry about any of this.

Xbox Live has nailed the community aspect of online gaming. Sony should spend some of that time they put in to that junk called PS Home in to adding features that users, for years now, have been begging for. I guess not all of these features bring in the same revenue as virtual homeware.

Listen, Xbox live had more time to evolve than the psn. So cut sony some slack, they've obviously learned from their mistakes and they added cross game chat to the Vita.

Message 10 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes