Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Re: Parasite Eve 3rd Birthday

Apr 27, 2011

I've been looking at thde details of this game. Looks very interesting. I'm not much for long storyline games on the PSP, since thats's what my PS3 is used for, but I'm considering getting this one.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1426 posts

Apr 27, 2011

TeknoBlast wrote:

I've been looking at thde details of this game. Looks very interesting. I'm not much for long storyline games on the PSP, since thats's what my PS3 is used for, but I'm considering getting this one.

Its not too long, but it has decent length. Now a great long game would be PoP: Rival Swords.

Photobucket

Don't talk trash and hide behind your computer screen. Man up and confront them face to face.
"Close Friends and BULLETS, where are they when you need them"
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 16, 2011

5 hours for the first playthrough isn't decent, that's short as hell and to make any sense of the nonsensical story, you have to read a light novels worth of files that you unlock by completing the game multiple times and various difficulties.

Save your money and buy something that's actually worth it, this game isn't.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1426 posts

May 16, 2011

I don't know why people have such a hard time with comprehending the story. It's so easy. If you can't follow that, theres no way you could follow the Illiad and Odyssey lol.

Photobucket

Don't talk trash and hide behind your computer screen. Man up and confront them face to face.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 17, 2011

You've mistaken me saying that the story is complete nonsense with not being able to follow it. I'm saying that the story is just garbage. It's has massive plot holes, next to zero atmosphere and the voice work is just annoying. Hell, even the best music from this game is remixs from Parasite Eve 1.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

May 17, 2011

Wow you really are a Parasite Eve Fanboy! Why can't you just take the game for what it is? It's never gonna be a PS1 classic like the original Parsite Eve. My first experience of these games was on the PS1 and I can honesty say I loved the series. However this is a reimagining intended for the psp system. As a game for psp it works, the game physics are spot on and I so far I have enjoyed the experience. I have played it for about 3-4 hours in small bursts and I keep coming back to it. I love the overdive system and the RPG elements even though not unique are still a great addition to the game. I actually purchased the Slayer Edition here in the uk and got a special art book and a bunch of art prints for £17.99 so for me it was a great purchase. I'm a collector so these things all add up. As for the story it's almost like in the movie business where the sequels to top selling movies never seem to measure up to the original. It is what it is a great third person shooter on psp, who gives a hoot about nostalgic story lines anyway!

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 17, 2011

Saying the story in this game sucks makes me a fanboy? Wow, your logic is ...... I'll leave that thought unfinished.

In actuality, this was orginally a game that was suppose to be released on cellphones in an episodic fashion, so it was never "intended" for the PSP.

Also, I'm not saying much about the gameplay itself, since it's not really all that bad, but it does get a bit repedative after a while and the camera angles are pretty bad.

Story went right out the window the second Toriyama was made director, he creates some of the most awful, shallow and contrived crap that comes out of SE these days. If they let Tokita direct the game instead of sticking him with nothing but remakes, they might of been able to make something that was actually worth buying.

I'd also like to point out again that it's not a Parasite Eve, it's just the 3rd birthday, so it can't even be considered a sequel.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1426 posts

May 17, 2011

I will say I had an issue with the controls. I prefer being able to manually aim rather than lock on. But you have to admit, that air strike weapon was awesome, along with the graphics of the air strike.

Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

May 17, 2011

Let me explain why I called you a fanboy! Your opinion appeared to be derived from knowledge and experience of the Parasite Eve series! And as all true fanboy's you feel the 3rd Birthday didn't measure up.May I suggest you spend some time reading fan fiction could be your kind of thing. As you quite rightly stated though it was never intended as a sequel and it only features characters from the series itself. For me a game is much more than the story and plot! The 3rd Birthday is a great game, whether intended for the mobile phone market or not it's developement led to it being reimagined for the psp. It is unique in the sense of the overdive system and for this element alone it will be remembered on psp. I'd score the game a healthy 8/10. It's graphically quite pretty, the game engine and physics are unique and the story is a mix of fantasy and sci-fi. I think Square Enix did pretty well on this one, I am a self confessed square enix fan boy though.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 17, 2011

I'll explain something as well, I'm not saying this games story sucks in comparison to Parasite Eve 1&2, I'm saying it just sucks in general. It's just one big mess. If this game didn't have SE's name attached to it, it would never of sold or made it out of Japan.

Also, I hate fanfiction, probably why I don't like the story for this game, because that's pretty much what it's like.

Well, unlike you, I play games for a good story as well as good game mechanics. This game only had decent game mechanics.

Enjoy buying up every piece of crap SE puts out, they'll need more people like you to make up for the 12 billion yen loss.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (35 Views)
0 Likes