Jun 17 2012
By: Almighty-Baka First Son 3 posts
Accepted Solution

Paid for 1 year Plus, system apparently only took it as 3 months

5 replies 145 views Edited Jun 17, 2012

So I paid for 1 year of Plus about 3 months ago, and just received an e-mail from PlayStation saying "your subscription to PlayStation(R)Plus: 3 Month Package (3 Month Package) has ended due to payment failure."

So now what? I'd really appreciate if anyone can point me where can I direct my gamer-rage at (kidding), but really, how can I have Sony sort this out? It's very frustrating, especially when Sony already received my money...

Thanks in advance.

Baka.

Message 1 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Re: Paid for 1 year Plus, system apparently only took it as 3 months

Jun 17, 2012

Welcome to the PlayStation Community.

Almighty-Baka wrote:

So I paid for 1 year of Plus about 3 months ago, and just received an e-mail from PlayStation saying "your subscription to PlayStation(R)Plus: 3 Month Package (3 Month Package) has ended due to payment failure."

So now what? I'd really appreciate if anyone can point me where can I direct my gamer-rage at (kidding), but really, how can I have Sony sort this out? It's very frustrating, especially when Sony already received my money...

Thanks in advance.

Baka.

I don't disbelieve you, but before we go ahead & blame Sony etc can you check your email receipt you would have received when you purchased the Plus Subscription to double-check that it was indeed the 1 year Subscription & not the 3 month one you purchased?

If you want to contact Sony about this their contact details can be located at the bottom of this & every page under "contact us".

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Hi! Thanks for the response. The problem is the very e-mail I received does not state whether it's 3 months or 1 year (I remember being a year because I added a $50 USD card just to pay for it). It just says:

It's Official: Welcome to PlayStation Plus

And the bla bla about the advantages.

Is there any other way I can demonstrate I paid for the yearly one?

Message 3 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Go look at your e-mail receipt.  I just checked mine from Nov, when I last re-upped to get the Jurassic Park games (free to keep - just started Trophy whoring them, but I digress) and my receipt clearly shows 1 year package in the item code as well as product description.

You can also go to the SEN site, as it has all your transactions.  I just looked at mine from Nov 5, 2011.  One transaction shows me funding my wallet for $50.  A second transaction shows my ($49.99) purchase of a 1 year PS+ subscription.

If you purchased a year, one of these two methods will confirm your purchase.

Message 4 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
40006 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Like jc has said & like I first indicated, your email receipt will show whether you purchased a 1 year or 3 month subscription, I went & checked mine too from last year & it clearly indicates a 1 year subscription purchase, yours will too.

Also just because you added a $50.00 PSN Card doesn't confirm anything, if you can look at your email(s) just to confirm you should be able to resolve this.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 5 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 17, 2012

Thanks jc, and thanks to you as well BRIT... actually I never received the e-mail with the receipt (just that other one congratulating me); but I was able to retrive it from the SEN site... Now I'll contact Support.

Thanks guys.

Message 6 of 6 (145 Views)
0 Likes