Highlighted
Apr 12 2012
By: Adrn4Lyfe First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

PSone Classics on the PS Vita?

27 replies 923 views Edited Apr 12, 2012

Does Sony plan on making PSone classics available on the PS Vita as they did on the PSP? I read that Legend Of Dragoon will be made available on the PSN next month. It would be awesome if I could download it on my Vita. I love my Vita, but the launch line up was weak to me. I've had my Vita since launch & have probably logged about 30mins of game time.

Message 1 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Re: PSone Classics on the PS Vita?

Apr 12, 2012

From what I've read it's being worked on and should be implemented sometime soon.  But, far as I've read, no actual timeline...

Message 2 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2037 posts

Apr 12, 2012

Being that it is already on the psp I am shore it is already done.They just have to figure out when  they wont to bring it out.My son codes for a living.Said this would be so easy for sonys big dogs to do.They may be trying to sell as much of the 40 and 50$ games befor they put the 6$ games on it.Hopefully vary soon.

Message 3 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Apr 13, 2012

Until such time, I have a work around for ps3 owners.  Just use remote play to access ps1 games installed on the ps3.  I spent about an hour playing ff9 this way on campus.  The only weaknesses are the requirement of a ps3 and a reliable internet connection.

Message 4 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Apr 17, 2012

I...support the idea of ps1 games playable on vita ~.~

Get your Portable ID!

Message 5 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
664 posts

Apr 17, 2012

This and cross play/remote play is the main reason why I bought a Vita to be honest. This is something that needs to be done ASAP. There is zero reason in my opinion that this couldn't have been ready at launch. A PSOne emulator has already been written for the PSP. Sometimes I really question the priorities of this company. It's no wonder they just had a 6 billion loss. It's simple, give the people what you say your going to give them and what they ask for. Happy customers = more profits for your business. Again, this is not a rant, just my opinion. I completely love Sony.

Message 6 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 18, 2012

not gonna bother to buy Vita till psone games onboard.

Message 7 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Apr 18, 2012

I can't blame people for being a little cheezed off about this, I am too.  Sony was the first to really utilize backwards compatability on their systems.  The recent trend of denying that, as well as delaying or denying workarounds and discounts for upgrading to the west, has felt like a kick in the teeth for a loyal customer.

Message 8 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2037 posts

Apr 18, 2012

I agree.I have been following the vita for about two years worth of reviews and advertisement.Wont one really bad now.But I can't force myself to buy another system that does less than my psp.Kind of disappointed because it was, than it wasn't,now it is, but who knows when.It,s a great system with a lot of power.Mabe they will get together soon and I,ll get one then.

Message 9 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Apr 18, 2012

The problem is, while the Vita is a solid system on its own legs, they didn't really get it up and running for the broader network before releasing it.  It does all it's own software well enough, but comes up short in all other areas.  Buying a system isn't a little thing anymore, all the companies have to acknowledge that it's an investment and people are looking for the long haul not just the next few years.

Message 10 of 28 (923 Views)
0 Likes