May 13 2013
By: Deadly_Rabbit123 Uncharted Territory 1873 posts

PSVita purchase suggestions

11 replies 5457 views Edited May 13, 2013

Hi everyone.  I'm debating on purchasing a PSVita system.  I'm looking for suggestions on what good games or accessories I might need.  If I get one it will not be until after e3 because I wan't to see what comes out. After hearing that there will be more croos play with the ps4/ vita i'm thinking of just buying both.

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 1 of 12 (5,457 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10901 posts

Re: PSVita purchase suggestions

May 13, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

Hi everyone.  I'm debating on purchasing a PSVita system.  I'm looking for suggestions on what good games or accessories I might need.  If I get one it will not be until after e3 because I wan't to see what comes out. After hearing that there will be more croos play with the ps4/ vita i'm thinking of just buying both.

If you are already a PS+ member, I suggest buying a Vita six months ago (you've already missed a few decent games that have come and gone from the Vita's IGC - most notably, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus and Digaea 3: Absence of Detention).  RIght now, though, if you buy a Vita, you have immediate access to Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, WipEout 2048, Zombie Tycoon II and PSP Games Tekken 6 and SoulCaliber: Broken Destiny.

If you go the PS+ route, a 32GB memory card is a must (the current IGC games combine for a little over 11GB total).  If not, and you buy most of your games via physical game card, a 16GB card should suffice (since you will likely still buy SOME PSN-only games such as Escape Plan or Guacamelee - I recommend both).

For accessories, a screen protector is recommended, but not really necessary.  The trigger grips may make Vita gaming a little more comfortable, as the Vita by itself can cause some hand-cramping after a while.  Any PS Vita case will work.  I have the PS Vita Travel Pouch for my Vita and a hardshell game card case from MadCatz that work extremely well in the messenger bag I carry all my electronic doodads in pretty much every day.

Yes, the PS4 is supposedly going to have Remote Play active across the board, with the exception of games that use PS4-specific controls (Move, Playstation Camera, DS4 Lightbar, etc)

Message 2 of 12 (4,102 Views)
Monster Hunter
40 posts

May 13, 2013
I only have the 8GB memory and stored the rest of my unplayed IGC in my PC HDD.
The Content Manager Asisstant for Playstation is sure is handy since i don't have a PS3.
Message 3 of 12 (2,475 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
350 posts

May 13, 2013
for the case get the Pull N Go Folio it's about 30$ but it really worth the money , and it's like 2 cases in 1 .

for me that case hold everything I have for my vita .
Message 4 of 12 (786 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2032 posts

May 13, 2013
I love my vita, I just wish the ice silver vita would be released in the U.S. and remote play worked for more than just 4 PS3 games (I don't really want to get a PS4 because none of my friends are going to get one).
Message 5 of 12 (241 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

May 13, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

Concerning games, it depends on your preferences. There are quite a few good games, I recommend researching to see what games you'd be into playing. As for accessories, just the basics, a sturdy case, screen protector, cleaning cloth. But I cannot stress this enough, buy a 32GB memory card. I know at first you'll think, well I'll just have a few games, wrong! With all the digital games, dlc, updates, and so on, even 32GB isn't enough. Other than that, the system is sweet.

Message 6 of 12 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7391 posts

May 13, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

i would gladly help you with game suggestions but first i need to you know what type of games you like. 

Message 7 of 12 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

May 13, 2013

I like just about anything. Shooters, action games rpgs etc.  What I'd probably want is at least one good multiplayer game and one good single player game. 

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 8 of 12 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7391 posts

May 13, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

I like just about anything. Shooters, action games rpgs etc.  What I'd probably want is at least one good multiplayer game and one good single player game. 

Shooters- i'd personally wait for Killzone Mercenary ( released date september) but if you can get Resistance Burning Skies for less than $20 then i'd recommend it. 

Racing- i'd recommend Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed, Wipeout 2048 (both support online multiplayer)

Action/adventure- Gravity Rush, Uncharted Golden Abyss.

Platformers- Little Big Planet( which support up to 4 players online multiplayer), Sly Cooper Thieves in Time( this game is awesome!!!) 

other games i would recommend: Guacamelee, Sound Shapes, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale, Ragnarok Odyssey and Unit 13

I think it would be a good idea to get playstation plus if you are not yet a subscriber and a 32gb memory card as well.

Message 9 of 12 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

May 14, 2013

imo the pull & go folio is only good if you're traveling alot....I'm not interested in carrying that all the time

for a case get the RDS systems case.....it provides protection...has 16 slots for games and memory cards....in it I also carry my ipod charging cable....android phone charging cable...vita charging cable and skull candy earbuds....

get the ps vita portable charger its cheapest at gamestop for $30....and its really good...it charges alot of different devices and it fits in your pocket....

screen protectors of course...

I bought a few stylus touch pens off of ebay for .99 a piece....

also the the nyko speaker dock...because when I charge my vita I don't want to lay it on its back....it retails for $30 but if you look around the net you can find it for cheaper....I got mine for $18.00 off of amazon....

Message 10 of 12 (183 Views)
0 Likes