Oct 04 2012
By: FXIX-7 First Son 1 posts

PSVITA does not support WPA enterprise/ WPA2 enterprise

[ Edited ]
4 replies 738 views Edited Oct 4, 2012

Hi, in wifi setting > Save acess point manually > enter manually have no security method that support WPA enterprise or WPA2 enterprise. I am living in an university hall, and the wifi required this kind of support. Without it, I cannot go online and buy stuffs online. I bought this device was solely for my new university life, without its full potential i am very very dissapointed. Sony, can you please have this fixed by next system update? (I can still use usb to connect to PC to get the update though) 

If this got fix, it'll be much appreciated and I will be happy to continue purchasing products from you. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1782 posts

Re: PSVITA does not support WPA enterprise/ WPA2 enterprise

Oct 4, 2012
my vita is running our wpa/wpa2 fine. just have it search for access point, and it will find you colleges. then you just put in password.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (722 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7479 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Occhi07 wrote:
my vita is running our wpa/wpa2 fine. just have it search for access point, and it will find you colleges. then you just put in password.

wpa/wpa2 works fine.  It's Enterprise that is not supported on the Vita.

WPA Enterprise is not supported on ANY handheld gaming device, for that matter, and I don't even think it's possible.

A possible workaround could be to connect a computer via ethernet then turn it's wifi card into an access point.  I'm not sure how it's done, as I've never needed to do it, but it's worth a look on Google.

Destiny Beta: Abbarrax
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (711 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7473 posts

Oct 4, 2012
WPA Enterprise requires use of personal certificates and a RADIUS server to manage who connects to the wireless network. It also prevents cloned/hacked MACs from connecting, which is a plus on serious security needs.

That said, Enterprise is overkill for the home user.
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (703 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
650 posts

Oct 4, 2012

I have Connectify on my netbook. I can use it to provide a wifi hotspot with my uplink being either ethernet (10/100/1000) or the LTE dataconnect card. I'm not certain if it can use wifi for uplink and provide a hotspot simultaneously, I've never tried that. (I do have a USB alfa b/g unit so that I have two wifi antennaes and power supplies)

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (695 Views)
0 Likes