Apr 18 2013
By: P-Mic_regulator First Son 2 posts

PSVITA Lack of accessories!!!

6 replies 129 views Edited Apr 18, 2013

It would be nice to have an audio cord to connect my PS Vita to the TV when Im home.  This should have came out when the system was released.  Playstation needs to get their act together.  The PS Vita has so much potential,  They should have made it more compatible with other games and hardware.   Who cares if you can use it with your PS3 ,  I don't have one,  Why should you need 2 systems?  I paid $360 for my PS Vita, and after a year of its release,  its lack of apps, updates, and hardware is disappointing.

Message 1 of 7 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

Re: PSVITA Lack of accessories!!!

Apr 18, 2013
are you trying to hook it directly into the tv or do you have like a sound system
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 2 of 7 (128 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 18, 2013

my goal is to hook it up to a tv  for larger screen play.   It should be possible both ways though.  That technology is not that advanced.  You can do it with all home entertainment systems,  some tablets,  computers, laptops, and even some phones.     

Another thing,  Why can't you record more than 30 minutes of video?  And that little bit of video you record isn't even compatible with facebook.    The internet browser sucks,  hard to check emails.  Also not compatible with flash player which is why they had to make their own version of youtube, which sucks as well.   Sony was clearly not prepared to release this system.

Message 3 of 7 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10011 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

oohhhhh u mean through like hdmi yea i admit that would be kinda cool but there is an email app u can use and the Vita's camera is nothing to write home about anyway lol idk why' you'd wanna upload a video from it

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 4 of 7 (117 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11003 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 18, 2013

P-Mic_regulator wrote:

my goal is to hook it up to a tv  for larger screen play.   It should be possible both ways though.  That technology is not that advanced.  You can do it with all home entertainment systems,  some tablets,  computers, laptops, and even some phones.     

Another thing,  Why can't you record more than 30 minutes of video?  And that little bit of video you record isn't even compatible with facebook.    The internet browser sucks,  hard to check emails.  Also not compatible with flash player which is why they had to make their own version of youtube, which sucks as well.   Sony was clearly not prepared to release this system.

First off, the lack of Flash is on Adobe, not Sony.  Adobe ended support for new mobile platforms in November 2011.

The only thing that could possibly provide video out on the Vita is the mystery port on the top, and it hasn't been confirmed that that is even a video port.  The fact that it is flanked by a pair of screw holes tells me it may potentially be a connection port for a higer-res camera attachment.  

As for connecting to an external audio source, you can do that for about $3.  Purchase a 3.5mm patch cable and a 3.5mm-to-RCA Y adapter, connect one end of the patch cable to the Vita's headphone port, and the other end to the Y adapter.  Connect the RCA plugs to the RCA inputs on your TV or AV system.  Easy peasy.

As for the record limit, I'm not sure.  On the iPhone/iPad, you can only record about 30 minutes due to the file size of the HD format.  Since the Vita's camera is NOT an HD resolution (it's 640x480 @ 30Hz or 320x240 @ 60Hz), it is likely not a file size issue.

Message 5 of 7 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Apr 18, 2013
This post doesn't seem to be about the lack of accessories but more of a Rant of what you are mad about the PS Vita system itself. HDMI would be kind of useless if you are playing a game that uses the touch screen and your staring at the TV screen. You would still have to keep looking at the Vita screen to see where your touching haha
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 6 of 7 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13184 posts

Apr 18, 2013

P-Mic_regulator wrote:

and now with that recent Core Patch adds HTML5 Video Supportable for some media sites. (Youtube, etc.)

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png
Message 7 of 7 (79 Views)
0 Likes