Highlighted
Aug 19 2011
By: Aggiailamica First Son 1 posts
Accepted Solution

[PSVITA] GPS

1 replies 80 views Edited Aug 19, 2011

hello guys, i'm from italy and i'm interested to buy the new psvita, the problem is that it is not very clear how this new sonymade consolle will support GPS connectivity. I know that if you want to be able to use this device you have to buy 3G band from the AT&T company. But... in the specifications of the consolle sony has abled support for the gps to the NO-3G version too! Additionally, here, in italy, we do not have AT&T, but only TIM, VODAFONE and WIND (three telephonic companies), so, how will the 3G / GPS support available in italy too?

Message 1 of 2 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Re: [PSVITA] GPS

Aug 19, 2011

Actually the latest tech specs from Gamescom shows that the GPS is only on the 3G model.

As for your last question, ATT is the exclusive North American 3G provider for the PS Vita. 3G providers for other countries will be announced most likely at TGS in September. And you do not HAVE to pay for the 3G if you don't want to. You can use the Vita 3G model without paying for the 3G, you just won't be able to use the 3G feature. It's non-contractual. No contract required.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)
0 Likes