Mar 08 2012
By: ICEJACKEL Sackboy 480 posts

PSVITA Cradle / Charging

4 replies 349 views Edited Mar 8, 2012

I got the Cradle and it is really just a stand for your VITA. It is very light and your USB/VITA cable just plugs into the back. You can also plug speakers or headphones into the back which is pretty cool. When I say it is just a stand it is more then that but a stand none the less.

I also had a question. Does anyone else have one and if so, do you leave it plugged in after it has finished charging? I have not found much information about what kind of battery it is besides it being a lithium ion. I know lithium ion does not liked to stay plugged in but with my old PSP I would keep it plugged in for weeks and never had a problem with battery life.

I guess my question is does anybody have the Cradle and do you keep it plugged in after it has finished charging?

Message 1 of 5 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Re: PSVITA Cradle / Charging

Mar 8, 2012

The Vita should be fine keeping it on the cradle as it'll charge the battery first, then remain on the power from the charger...  The psp was a little weird as it would charge then stop charging run off the battery and then charge again when it would be slightly low...

Message 2 of 5 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Mar 8, 2012

KnightsOnline, hey thanks for the information. I understand what you are saying about it using the power from the charger after the battery is charged but are you sure that it will not do what the PSP use to do. I never had a problem as I stated before with my PSP battery but with the VITA I can not change out my battery like you could with the PSP if it did have a problem. I really just want to be 100% sure that keeping it on the cradle after it is charged will not kill the battery memory.

Message 3 of 5 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Mar 8, 2012

I usually only charge my Vita on the dock when the battery is low. I leave it overnight and don't undock it till I'm ready to use it. The modern lithium ion batterys are bettery with holding their charges and battery memory. Once removed if I'm not using the Vita I just put it in sleep mode. It can last for a long time that way.

Message 4 of 5 (349 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
480 posts

Mar 8, 2012

Chazberry, Right on, I did that last night. I will continue to do that and see what happens. Thanks peeps for all your input.

Message 5 of 5 (349 Views)
0 Likes