Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 03 2011
By: D-Roy12 Sackboy 456 posts

PSVITA Apps in action, friends network, UI (must read)

8 replies 73 views Edited Oct 3, 2011

The psvita's UI, LiveArea may seem scattered and disorganized at first sight, but after researching I found that it is actually more organized and easier to use than the famous XMB. On the XMB you press right or left on the d-pad to choose btween folders which have everything in that category. In LiveArea, you slide left or right on the screen to choose between RUNNING apps, which means instead of always clicking through games or apps that you aren't using you can slide left or right to choose between the things you are currently using. If you are using many apps at the same time, there is a quick select screen that shows everything that you are currently using and you just have to slide accross and tap whatever app you want to resume. The bubbles on the screen are links to launch the game or app, but once you have everything that you need running then you could easily navigate around LiveArea. If you're not a fan of the bubbles, there is a cover which shows a picture and the time in a very nice font. LiveArea is certainly the most fun, and easy to use UI that I've seen so far.

Many people dislike the back touch, and feel that it takes a long time to get used to. Welcome Park is an app that allows you to practice using the back touch pad and other vita controls through a series of minigames. What I can get from this Friends Network is that it is a platform style social gaming network for only the psvita. (kind of like ps home.)

VIDEO PROOF

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Re: PSVITA Apps in action, friends network, UI (must read)

Oct 3, 2011

i want it really really want the PS Vita bad now oh ya in the videos was thoese psp's in the video or was the red and blue ps vita? (i hope so)

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Oct 3, 2011

KnightzReturnz wrote:

i want it really really want the PS Vita bad now oh ya in the videos was thoese psp's in the video or was the red and blue ps vita? (i hope so)

In that scene, they are actually cross playing with the psp. I know those are psp's because they have the circle on the back, the psvita has the playstation gucci on the back.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 3, 2011

oh ya darn it was worth hoping for it  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Oct 4, 2011

There is a thread that shows the psvita colors and lucky for you there is a red and a blue psvita.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
20 posts

Oct 4, 2011

Yay!!! Thank you thank you ^.^ I hope these are at lunch or I'll have to buy two more later on

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Oct 4, 2011

Here is the way Sony explained it to developers at the Developer Conference earlier this year:Livearea.PNG

Also I wouldn't take that video as the way it handles, it a mockup and also dis-jointed. It is just supposed to give an idea, most of those screens are superimpose on to the PSVita screen in editting, they may not be the way a real PSVita handles.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11663 posts

Oct 4, 2011

Yeah, I'm pretty sure all those screens seemed simulated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Oct 4, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

Here is the way Sony explained it to developers at the Developer Conference earlier this year:Livearea.PNG

Also I wouldn't take that video as the way it handles, it a mockup and also dis-jointed. It is just supposed to give an idea, most of those screens are superimpose on to the PSVita screen in editting, they may not be the way a real PSVita handles.

This video shows it exactly like in that picture. Well it doesn't clearly show the sliding actions, but you can get the point from the video. Just like in the picture there is a index mode and live mode and it shows that you can get music videos etc from flicking. The video might not be 100% accurate as to how it handles, the index mode could have a change in how it is handled and the rest was explained by the developper conference.

EDIT: there might be also a faster way to close apps than to slide diagonally as if pulling off a sticker. But as you said its a mockup, but it gives a good idea of the handling.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (73 Views)
0 Likes