Highlighted
Aug 13 2012
By: HeathenAmerico Sackboy 460 posts
Accepted Solution

PSV and PS3 Compatibility?

9 replies 451 views Edited Aug 13, 2012

I'm curious if there are any plans on making Ps3/PSV titles shared via accounts. What I mean is that we have titles being released on both systems (Metal Gear, Zone of the Enders, Jet Set Radio) yet from everything I have been reading they are two completely different items, even if they are bought on the PSN store... Meaning that the copy of Metal Gear Collection for the Vita I buy isn't playable on my Ps3 even though it is a Ps3 title, one I own physically. I understand there is a "making money" business to be had but is there any plans in the future to make a pack setup where I can buy one for the Ps3 (maybe for a few dollars more) and get a digital copy for my Vita? I love my Vita but right now the choice is "Buy it for the Ps3, buy it for the Vita, or buy it twice for full price." Which kinda sucks... So thanks if anyone can drop me some nuggets of information.

Long live Sony.

Message 1 of 10 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Re: PSV and PS3 Compatibility?

Aug 13, 2012
So...there's Sound Shapes and Motorstorm RC, both of which are playable on Vita and PS3 via one purchase. As well weren't there bundles for MLB 2012? And Superbot is looking at having bundles for PlayStation All Stars.
Message 2 of 10 (437 Views)
MVP Support
13560 posts

Aug 13, 2012

It varies by game.

Games like Sound shapes give you both versions when you purchase.

Games like MLB 12 The Show require purchase of both separately.

Whether they continue to do it this way (on a game by game basis) is yet to be seen.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 10 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Aug 13, 2012
they should sell the games together. it would be easier for everyone.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 4 of 10 (427 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13560 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Yes, it would be easier, unless Sony decides to purposely price the games higher to offset the fact that they're not getting the profits off of two different copies

Which would hurt anyone buying it who only wanted one copy or the other.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 10 (423 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Aug 13, 2012
true. what if they made separate sells, like if you just want the game you get the game or if you want both then its sold as a ps3/psv game bundle. IDK i dont have to worry yet cuz i dont have a ps3 yet maybe after i move ill get one. But i would like to see how this works out before i do purchase a ps3.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 6 of 10 (419 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Aug 13, 2012

Awesome. Was not aware about that. I think a nice option would be a high priced bundle (say for physical copies) that was still cheaper than buying the two separately or maybe some kinda coupon set-up where buying the Ps3 version would give you a good discount on the Vita version.

Thanks for the input though guys. Excited to hear that All Stars will be compatible with both!

Message 7 of 10 (405 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 14, 2012

Right now all I can see are 6 games that are "cross-play".

• Foosball 2012
  • Hustle Kings
  • MLB 12 The Show
  • Sound SHapes
  • StarDrone Extreme
  • WipEout 2048

I don't know for sure if any of them are of the buy one get both variety. I think Motorstorm RC is but it's not listed in the cross play section of the Vita's menu. I personally feel that if you buy the PS 3 version of a game, you should be able to get the PS Vita version for free. Or if you buy one version you can get the other for a significant discount. Whether that will happen or not remains to be seen, but for a feature Sony advertised heavily before it's release, they've done a poor job of having it implemented.

Message 8 of 10 (373 Views)
Wastelander
623 posts

Aug 14, 2012

What up OP? HeathenAmerico is a way cool name. I have an email under HeathenBlood@*****.com, and am a Proud Pagan. Born and Raised. Glad to meet you brother. And back to the topic at hand; I agree with the idea of having a dual platform bundle option of some sort.

"When you look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see the real you, or what you have been conditioned to believe is you? The two are so, so different. One is an infinite consciousness capable of being and creating whatever it chooses, the other is an illusion imprisoned by its own perceived and programmed limitations."
David Icke
Message 9 of 10 (362 Views)
Sackboy
460 posts

Aug 15, 2012

Hah appreciate the Pagan Brotherhood.

Also agree it sounds like a good idea but it seems Sony decided to pretend this idea was theres all along (naturally joking) cause it seems they plan to make a lot of Vita / Ps3 games buy one get one free type of deal. The new Ratchet and Sly Cooper titles are both going to feature free digital copies of their Vita versions when you purchase the Ps3 version be it digital or physical.

So awesome! Can't wait!

Love Live PlayStation indeed.

Message 10 of 10 (340 Views)
0 Likes