Apr 09 2012
By: billabongdude Hekseville Citizen 316 posts

PSV Facebook App

8 replies 83 views Edited Apr 9, 2012

Will their be an update or something to fix it? The application is UNBEARABLY slow. Be great to have it speedier.

Message 1 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Re: PSV Facebook App

Apr 9, 2012

The facebook app has already been "fixed" as it was removed from the PS Store due to lagging and an unreliable server and was just recently added by Sony again saying that the app was somehow "improved". Right now there is no news as to if the app would be fixed again and in my opinion, it would be after a while when Sony will give it attention again given that other apps are said to be released in the Store like Skype.

JamTVXQ Trophy Card
Message 2 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Apr 9, 2012

That's ridiculous, Sony's gotta get it's stuff right before trying to pump out more.

Message 3 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Apr 9, 2012

Yep, i totally agree but we have already seen this behavior of Sony in the past, the Remote Play function of the VIta for example: Sony wanted the Vita to be compatible with all PS3 Games but as off now only 15 PS3 games (I think) and a bunch of PS1 games can be played. Sony haven't said a word since. I believe Sony also said of the Vita being compatible with HTML5, but how did it end up?

Yep, Sony's got a lot of explaining to do lol

JamTVXQ Trophy Card
Message 4 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2312 posts

Apr 9, 2012

I believe it'll be updated in due time, just be patient man

Message 5 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 9, 2012

billabongdude wrote:

That's ridiculous, Sony's gotta get it's stuff right before trying to pump out more.

It is not Sony, it whoever programmed it for Facebook, each developer is submitting their own work and if they are happy with it and Sony sees that it works within the parameters of the OS and the PSN they will allow it onto the PSN store. It is not upto Sony to make sure the program works at a speed the public want.

Also if other comapnies choose to submit their work before another company has finishedd theirs Sony will put it on the PSN, so if Skype are ready before Facebook have another version we will see it on the PSN store.

Message 6 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 9, 2012

JamTVXQ wrote:

Yep, i totally agree but we have already seen this behavior of Sony in the past, the Remote Play function of the VIta for example: Sony wanted the Vita to be compatible with all PS3 Games but as off now only 15 PS3 games (I think) and a bunch of PS1 games can be played. Sony haven't said a word since. I believe Sony also said of the Vita being compatible with HTML5, but how did it end up?

Yep, Sony's got a lot of explaining to do lol

Yes Sony does want Remote Play to be compatible with all PS3 games and it is.... if the developers choose to impliment it, which they haven't. Also with some games it would be useless as the lag would make the games unplayable.

And the browser is compatible with HTML5, just not all of it. As HTML5 was finalized in January and yet the PSVita was released in December it was not fully implimented, why put it in there if it has to be taken out again when everything is finalized? Now hopefully Sony will start to add more HTML5 into the browser but remember it is a mobile device that does not need to be bloated by needless oparts of HTML5.

There you are ... everything explained, but not by Sony, because if you do your research you get to understand these things before complaining about them.

Message 7 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10911 posts

Apr 9, 2012

"I believe Sony also said of the Vita being compatible with HTML5, but how did it end up?"

The Vita's browser does support HTML 5.  What it doesn't (currently) support is the (video) tag.  That is primarily a result of the lack of Adobe Flash support, which also has nothing to do with Sony.  Adobe no longer supports mobile web browsers with the Flash plug-in.

Message 8 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 16, 2012

The facebook app has been updated to 1.01 but does anyone know how to photo tag???

Message 9 of 9 (83 Views)
0 Likes