Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/12/2010
Offline
6419 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

Nov 14, 2012
And people were getting on me about "Oh you are ridiculous. Don't expect Sony to give out many games with such a limited Vita library."

Well look at us now.
Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 63 (154 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/21/2007
Offline
6990 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

Nov 14, 2012

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:
And people were getting on me about "Oh you are ridiculous. Don't expect Sony to give out many games with such a limited Vita library."

Well look at us now.

i was even called Naive because i've been saying all this time that sony needed at least 2 or 3 big name franchises as part of the Instant Game Collection and ps plus to be focused on psvita not psp. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Playstation-Plus-for-Vita-Free-PSP-games/m-p... 

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 63 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 10/27/2012
Offline
16 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

Nov 14, 2012

Really looking forward to this upgrade.:smileywink:

Play games to " RELAX "
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 63 (141 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/12/2009
Online
2340 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

Nov 14, 2012

Sony and the "Improved browser", maybe after 10 years we will finally get a semi-decent browser. lmao.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 63 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/02/2010
Online
159 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

Nov 14, 2012

I've never owned a PS3 so I'm a bit confused about Plus.  Could someone answer a few questions for me, please?

 

1)  When they say they are changing the free games monthly, does that mean we only have access to those games for one month, or are you able to re-download those games later if you maintain your Plus subscription?

 

2) They are calling the free games an "Instant Collection," but you don't have to download them as a package, do you?  Can you download them individually?  My poor memory card doesn't have enough room to hold all of those.

 

3) I'm guessing that cloud storage for game saves would be pretty useless for someone like me who doesn't have the 3G Vita.  I wouldn't even be able to play my games if I'm on the road outside of wi-fi, correct?

 

Thanks!  

 

This looks like a pretty impressive update.  It's a good time to own a Vita.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 63 (130 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 04/18/2007
Offline
11161 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

Nov 14, 2012

RedZepp wrote:

I've never owned a PS3 so I'm a bit confused about Plus.  Could someone answer a few questions for me, please?

 

1)  When they say they are changing the free games monthly, does that mean we only have access to those games for one month, or are you able to re-download those games later if you maintain your Plus subscription?

 

2) They are calling the free games an "Instant Collection," but you don't have to download them as a package, do you?  Can you download them individually?  My poor memory card doesn't have enough room to hold all of those.

 

3) I'm guessing that cloud storage for game saves would be pretty useless for someone like me who doesn't have the 3G Vita.  I wouldn't even be able to play my games if I'm on the road outside of wi-fi, correct?

 

Thanks!  

 

This looks like a pretty impressive update.  It's a good time to own a Vita.


1) With the free game collection, they tend to rotate two or three games out and the same back in. At first it used to change monthly (although some games stayed available longer), but now they have most up for a while. If you download a game as part of the free collection then you can re-download it in the future for free (as it stands now).

 

2) You do not have to download all the games. You can pick which ones you want to download.

 

3) It doesn't matter if you have the 3G version or the Wi-Fi version when it comes to the "cloud". It's essentially your back up storage space for game saves. If you change out your memory card and forget to bring it with you, you would only be able to download the backed up game saves via Wi-Fi. That's the only difference. Also you don't have to have 3G to play the games that are PS + freebies. They work on both systems. You don't have to connect to the internet to play them or validate them.

 

Hope that helps you out.

 

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 63 (122 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 02/13/2012
Offline
582 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

remanutd5 wrote:

ScreamAimFire999 wrote:
And people were getting on me about "Oh you are ridiculous. Don't expect Sony to give out many games with such a limited Vita library."

Well look at us now.

i was even called Naive because i've been saying all this time that sony needed at least 2 or 3 big name franchises as part of the Instant Game Collection and ps plus to be focused on psvita not psp. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Vita/Playstation-Plus-for-Vita-Free-PSP-games/m-p... 


Dude, can you see the future? Are we to die on dec 21 2012? :smileyvery-happy:

 

 Nice prediction. i never would think that SONY would give out so many AAA titles.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 63 (119 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 02/02/2010
Online
159 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

Nov 14, 2012

PapaWarlock wrote:

Hope that helps you out.

 


Ohhh!  So the cloud game saves are just backups in case you want to change memory cards?  You also retain the saves on your memory card for offline access?  That makes sense!  

 

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 63 (115 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 04/09/2010
Offline
2090 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2012

magicx11 wrote:

On the PS BLOG 

 

+ Posted by Don Mesa // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

 

Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

 

Correct me if im wrong, but we getting all those games next tuesday. The guy in video said that we be getting a game each month, but  the PS blog say next tuesday. 


All games that they list will be with the update. Just that 1 free game will change over to a new free game every month. (Just like how the freegames change over for the ps3.)

 

____________________________________________________________
Want a option to buy avatar's on the ps vita's psn store. Then vote on the link by copying it to your web browser.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 63 (93 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
Registered: 07/14/2000
Offline
12905 posts
 

Re: PSPlus For Vita and Firmware 2.00 Next Week

Nov 14, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

magicx11 wrote:

On the PS BLOG 

 

+ Posted by Don Mesa // Director, Product Planning & Platform Software Innovation, SCEA

 

Once you update your PS Vita to v2.00 and PS Store publishes next Tuesday, PS Plus members will be able to download the Instant Game Collection, which includes PS Vita games Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Jet Set Radio HD, WipEout 2048, Gravity Rush and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!, as well as (PSP) PlayStation Portable hit Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

 

Correct me if im wrong, but we getting all those games next tuesday. The guy in video said that we be getting a game each month, but  the PS blog say next tuesday. 


All games that they list will be with the update. Just that 1 free game will change over to a new free game every month. (Just like how the freegames change over for the ps3.)

 


I don't believe that the cycling schedule has been announced for the Vita part of PS+. It should be at least one game a month, but I think it will be 2 free game selections a month.

 

In the PS3 portion of the PS+ program is working toward a free game selection each week, which is probably being implemented right now...

Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 63 (83 Views)
Reply
0 Likes