Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 16 2011
By: The_Apprentice Uncharted Territory 1642 posts

PSPgo Co-Op Games for 3-4 players?

4 replies 766 views Edited Apr 16, 2011

Me and my two cousins are heading out on a internet-less vacation.
I got a PSP Go and they have regular PSP's.

I'm looking for a game that we can all 3 play together co-operatively (ad-hoc), something like Marvel: Ultimate Alliance which is NOT available on the PlayStation Store.... /sigh.

Any suggestions guys?

If suggesting a game please say whether it has co-op campaign and how many players can play it.
For example I saw that MGS Peace Walker has 4 player co-op...but you can't play with 4 players through the full campaign..only 2 can play at most, then 4 can play at "certain points"...  =/

Message 1 of 5 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: PSPgo Co-Op Games for 3-4 players?

Apr 16, 2011

Patapon 3 is a 4-8 player game. It's a really fun game, so maybe you be interested.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 2 of 5 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Apr 16, 2011

eh I read the reviews on that. Not really interested in the patapon series.

Message 3 of 5 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2820 posts

Apr 17, 2011

I would have suggested Patapon 2 or 3 as well. Have you ever played, or just read reviews?

Anyways, your choice is severely limited because you want a specifically co-op game specifically with ad-hoc specifically with more than 2 people. Here's some choices nonetheless (most are not really my favorite games, but essentially all of the 4-player ad-hoc co-op PSP games I could find):

- SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 3

- Ace Combat Joint

- Monster Hunter Freedom 2

- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

- Phantasy Star Portable

- Phantasy Star Portable 2

- Lord of Arcana

- Ghost Recon Predator (3 players)

Enjoy, hopefully the games are accurately 3-4 ad-hoc co-op, but I urge you to do research of your own on any of the games that interest you.

Message 4 of 5 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1642 posts

Apr 17, 2011

Thanks very much for the response!

I did some further research and I did narrow it down to Socom Fireteam Bravo 3, Ace Combat and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

The catch is that I'm limited to the PSN store for games and Fireteam Bravo 3 and Ace Combat are still $39.99 when it can be gotten on UMD for $14.99.

Monster Hunter looks like the most promising option where it's $19.99 on the PSN store versus $15 on UMD. But I still need to verify whether my cousins would like to play such a game.

Ace Combat and Socom would have been ideal.. but the prices are so heavy on the PSN store.

I did purchase "Powerstone Collection" though. A fun little 2-4 player ad-hoc brawler. This however doesn't have a co-op mode.Just fighing against each other.

I would have loved to get Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but that isn't available on the PSN store.

It hurts being a PSPgo owner. Should have saved my money and bought a UMD system.

Message 5 of 5 (766 Views)
0 Likes