Jan 18 2011
By: TheRealRo First Son 5 posts

PSP2 Should Support 3D + HeadMount Display

8 replies 18 views Edited Jan 18, 2011

psp2 might support bluray mini but hopefully it will support 3D and a optional Headmount Display for a better gaming experiance. I am really intrested on the specs of this badboy I hope sony announces something at the game developers choice awards or e3.

Message 1 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Re: PSP2 Should Support 3D + HeadMount Display

Jan 18, 2011

C'mon, what is going on with these rumors? They are way crazy for a handheld. I just hope it has 2 analog sticks and better graphics. That's it.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 2 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 19, 2011

If you don't mind me asking, how would your idea function and what would it look like?

Message 3 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 11, 2011

id would function as a portable Virtual Reality Console if not next generation it will defenitly happen around 2020 you can quote me and haunt me down if it doesnt happen 10 years later. But it would be a great addon for the ps4. if you ddint see the sony glasses during the fun ces show I would suggest you google it my friend.

Message 4 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Feb 11, 2011

Headmount Displays have been researched to be hugely harmful to health (epilepsy, siezures, blindness, etc). 3D is also heading in that direction.

Also, I don't understand all this clamor for 3D. When people talk about movies, people are always saying that 3D is a fad and a gimmick, when Sony allowed 3D for the PS3 everyone was saying that it's a fad and a gimmick, but when Nintendo announces it, it's all of a sudden AWESOME AND COOL!

PSN: rchang
Message 5 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Feb 12, 2011

The NGP has no optical drive. BluRay anything would kill the battery on a  mobile console.

TheRealRo wrote:

id would function as a portable Virtual Reality Console if not next generation it will defenitly happen around 2020 you can quote me and haunt me down if it doesnt happen 10 years later. But it would be a great addon for the ps4. if you ddint see the sony glasses during the fun ces show I would suggest you google it my friend.

No 2020 is to far. Technology advances exponentially, not linearly. The Human race will be years past "head mounted" 3-D that requires a physical apparatus. We're already halfway there now with some of the glassesless 3-D TVs and the 3DS. As for a head mounted display, I guess you're weren't  around or haven't heard of the fallacy that was the VirtualBoy. 2020 is way to far in the future to speculate on this type of technology.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 6 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Feb 12, 2011

I can hack together a cable that can connect a PSP to a headmounted display, so technically if the PSP2 supports output to interlaced Composite/S-Video, some soldering would be needed to create a cable to connect it to a headmount display.

Message 7 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

Feb 12, 2011

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

C'mon, what is going on with these rumors? They are way crazy for a handheld. I just hope it has 2 analog sticks and better graphics. That's it.

-V. Josh

Well, the NGP / PSP2 is a new handheld with new features.

Message 8 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15344 posts

Feb 12, 2011

Ix_DarkDragon_ wrote:

Viewtiful_Josh wrote:

-V. Josh

Well, the NGP / PSP2 is a new handheld with new features.

I just realized the thread was bumped from before the NGP was announced...

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 9 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes