Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

Re: PSP2: OH MY GOD THIS IS REALLY IT! (PICS)

Jan 27, 2011

Digital only I presume? That confirms that I will not be getting a PSP2. I don't even use my PSP that much. I guess it's for people who want to carry their PS3 around with them although I admit that aspect on it's own is interesting.

Message 31 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Jan 27, 2011

I'm pretty shocked and happy about this info, for the most part.  SO glad the PSP2 will be one solid piece, no slide or flip.  I HATE slide and flip devices, outside of laptops.  The touch however, not a big fan of touch screens...  But I think I can live with that.

What sucks though is I highly doubt it will have PS3 connectivity due to the PS3 hacks. And that really sucks because this looks like it'd be the perfect device to go hand in hand (no pun intended) with the PS3.

Message 32 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1022 posts

Jan 27, 2011

poisonedsodapop wrote:

Digital only I presume? That confirms that I will not be getting a PSP2. I don't even use my PSP that much. I guess it's for people who want to carry their PS3 around with them although I admit that aspect on it's own is interesting.

No, it's not digital only.  It will use flash based media cards, kind of like SD cards.  There are pics of it somewhere, in fact I'm pretty sure there is a pic of the card somewhere in this very thread...

EDIT: Hey, look at that.  Very first post, 3rd pic....

Message 33 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19357 posts

Jan 27, 2011

With this announcement, my interest in the PSP platform has surged 15 fold. I'm am so getting one.

Why, yes, I was born on January 1, 1905."
Message 34 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Jan 27, 2011

Looks Great!

No, UMD's? Wow those are going to be obsolete like LP's, VHS, and Cassettes.

I'm all for getting into the New Age!

"The World Has Changed!" Reminds me of the Presidetial State of the Union address!

Message 35 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9933 posts

Jan 27, 2011

If it can play music, it can become my next music player, haha. In all seriousness, I do plan on getting the NGP, but not at launch this time. Price cuts will happen, and new, probably slim, models will release much like other handhelds tend to do. I am certainly interested to see what's in store for the system. E3 shall reveal some neat stuff.

"Memories are forgotten, but never lost."
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 36 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Jan 27, 2011

poisonedsodapop wrote:

All my computers since the 80's have been digital only, I have never owned an analogue one (did they even exist?). Even when loading programs of of audio cassette it was a digital signal, UMDs are digital, Memory sticks, DVDs and Blurays are digital.

However I believe you are asking if this is download only and that has been answered it should use preloaded memory sticks or cards as well as use downloadable games.

What I want to know is what is the internal memory space and can you expand with cards, will it be able to hold a memory expansion card and a game card at the same time?

Message 37 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
184 posts

Jan 27, 2011

The NGP looks amazing. I'm a bit upset that I have to wait almost a year to see get one.

Has anyone seen anything about the amount of internal memory this thing will have? I would be upset if its anything less than 16 gigs (the amount of the PSP Go), but it would really be nice to see more around the 64 or 128 gig range. Especially since flash memory has come as far as it has, and you wouldn't need a full hard drive to make it possible.

With all the rest of the specs of this beast, I good amount of built in memory and I wouldn't leave home without this bad boy.

Message 38 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8202 posts

Jan 28, 2011

BabyPanda1 wrote:

Looks Great!

No, UMD's? Wow those are going to be obsolete like LP's, VHS, and Cassettes.

UMDs were introduced for low cost back in 2004 because it was cheaper than Flash. Well, it's 2011 and times have changed and Flash Memory has nosedived down in price.

Message 39 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1263 posts

Jan 28, 2011

I am gonna preorder this

Best cover art ever! on Twitpic
Message 40 of 56 (7 Views)
0 Likes