Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 09 2011
By: warrior_4u First Son 4 posts

PSP vita

6 replies 3 views Edited Sep 9, 2011

What is the difference between the 1st PSP and the PSP Vita? and does any1 know when if sony is gonna come out with a 3d system like nintendo did?

Message 1 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: PSP vita

Sep 10, 2011

warrior_4u wrote:

What is the difference between the 1st PSP and the PSP Vita? and does any1 know when if sony is gonna come out with a 3d system like nintendo did?

There are many differences, first is that it is not a PSP it is called the PSVita or Playstation Vita. I has a completely new motherboard, the main processor is faster and has four cores, the graphics chip is also faster and more capable, there is more RAM than the PS3, it has two analogue sticks, two touch pads (front and back), an OLED screen, two cameras, it also has 6 axis sensors and internal compass, the 3G model also has a GPS unit built in. There is no UMD drive, all games can be bought on memory cards or downloaded to your own card.

Just look at the wikipedia webpage for it or google search and you will find out much more, like about the augmented reality games that are coming out, the ability to play against PS3 players and much much more.

You can even search this forum for the answers to your questions.

Also we do not know if Sony will eventually come out with a 3D system, but at the moment they are not and it should stay that way for a good portion of the PSVs life span.

Message 2 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Sep 10, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

warrior_4u wrote:

There are many differences, first is that it is not a PSP it is called the PSVita or Playstation Vita. I has a completely new motherboard, the main processor is faster and has four cores, the graphics chip is also faster and more capable, there is more RAM than the PS3, it has two analogue sticks, two touch pads (front and back), an OLED screen, two cameras, it also has 6 axis sensors and internal compass, the 3G model also has a GPS unit built in. There is no UMD drive, all games can be bought on memory cards or downloaded to your own card.

Just look at the wikipedia webpage for it or google search and you will find out much more, like about the augmented reality games that are coming out, the ability to play against PS3 players and much much more.

You can even search this forum for the answers to your questions.

Also we do not know if Sony will eventually come out with a 3D system, but at the moment they are not and it should stay that way for a good portion of the PSVs life span.

To sum it all up, you get a system that blows the original PSP out of the water in every way possible. I think Sony is just too good to be copying Nintendo's 3D... Who needs it anyway, it's uncomfortable.

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 3 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Sep 10, 2011

warrior_4u wrote:

It's not called the PSP Vita, it's the PS Vita.  And there are so many differences that the only similarities they share are their shape and the fact that both can play PSP games.

I could go into detail, but I won't.  A simple search in this little known site called Google should probably do the trick for anything you might want to know.

Message 4 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 10, 2011

Lol....Thanks. I know. I asked because I have been so busy. I haven't had the time to look into it.

Message 5 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 10, 2011

Thank you for your help and when I have time I will look into it.

Message 6 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 10, 2011

thank you for your time in answering my question and when I have time I will look into it some more.

Message 7 of 7 (3 Views)
0 Likes