Highlighted
May 17 2011
By: NHCamper First Son 16 posts

PSP trying to download RSS automatically

1 replies 24 views Edited May 17, 2011

I have no RSS feeds, but when I put my PSP into sleep mode for the evening, it ends up at the RSS Channels menu option the next day. I USED to play around with RSS feeds, but no longer have any. Somewhere, the PSP must think it's supposed to look for feed updates. I expect it is waking itself, connecting, then disconnecting and going back into sleep mode. Nothing gets downloaded, there are no triangle options to configure this, and nothing under the Settings/RSS menu either.

I am using an original PSP and have the current firmware.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

NHAnimator

Message 1 of 2 (24 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: PSP trying to download RSS automatically

May 19, 2011

NHCamper wrote:

I have no RSS feeds, but when I put my PSP into sleep mode for the evening, it ends up at the RSS Channels menu option the next day. I USED to play around with RSS feeds, but no longer have any. Somewhere, the PSP must think it's supposed to look for feed updates. I expect it is waking itself, connecting, then disconnecting and going back into sleep mode. Nothing gets downloaded, there are no triangle options to configure this, and nothing under the Settings/RSS menu either.

There is an option in the triangle settings that started this, go to were rss feeds would be listed and press triangle, near the top of the options there is "set timer" this is where you go to set this up. You can also cancel it from there because I have done ikt but I forget how at the moment. I will have to play around a bit and let you know.

Message 2 of 2 (24 Views)
0 Likes