Apr 18 2011
By: YukitoKunisaki Treasure Hunter 5125 posts

PSP to TV....

3 replies 973 views Edited Apr 18, 2011

So, I know you need a specific cord to get a PSP to play GAMES on your TV through the PS3, but what about videos alone? I am going into the City for the weekend, and I want to try to get my PSP to play videos hooked into the hotel HDTV. How would I go about this? Is it the exact same way as it is with playing the games on the TV, or could I actually do it, using the PSP > USB cord at all?

Message 1 of 4 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Re: PSP to TV....

Apr 18, 2011

YukitoKunisaki wrote:

So, I know you need a specific cord to get a PSP to play GAMES on your TV through the PS3, but what about videos alone? I am going into the City for the weekend, and I want to try to get my PSP to play videos hooked into the hotel HDTV. How would I go about this? Is it the exact same way as it is with playing the games on the TV, or could I actually do it, using the PSP > USB cord at all?

You do not play through the PS3 just directly to the TV. What PSP model do you have? Are you sure that the hotel will allow you access to the component inputs of their TV (they may have their own system plugged in there), so you may need composite leads as well as it is more likely that you will be able to plug into those connectors. But then if you have a PSP2000 you will not be able to play games through the composote cables only component.

You do not use the USB connector just a specialized video cable that plugs into the headphone and multiport connector for the 2000 and 3000 models or just the multiport for the PSPgo.

I have one cable that is switchable betweeen component (HDTV) and composite (any TV) that I bought from Gamestop.

Message 2 of 4 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Apr 18, 2011

Rather than talking in circles..

The USB cable can't be used to connect your PSP system to a TV for video, it's basically just for charging your PSP and/or transfering files to, and from the PSP.

For connecting your PSP system to a TV, you'll need the PSP Compnent AV Cable, which can be found here;

http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Component-AV-Cable-Sony/dp/B000VIPJ0W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303145236&sr... but if you're unable to wait a week for it to arrive, you can find the component cable at a local GameStop, or even at Walmart, or Target.

Message 3 of 4 (973 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
15343 posts

Apr 18, 2011

It's the same process as playing games on the TV. Opps. I glossed over that post, disregard what I said.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 4 (973 Views)
0 Likes