Apr 01 2011
By: aryan_mittal First Son 13 posts

PSP to TV

3 replies 110 views Edited Apr 1, 2011

Do the 2 av cables available for psp in the market display games on a crt tv ?

Please reply

Message 1 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1321 posts

Re: PSP to TV

Apr 1, 2011

If you have a PSP3000 or PSPGO, yes. If you have a PSP2000, no.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29443 posts

Apr 1, 2011

aryan_mittal wrote:

Do the 2 av cables available for psp in the market display games on a crt tv ?

By CRT TV I assume that you mean a standard-definition TV, as opposed  to a high-definition TV.  LCD and Plasma standard definition TVs  exist, and a few high-definition CRT TVs were made as well.  The way  that the image is produced is irrelevant to the cabling.  The answer  depends on the PSP model that you have.  The PSP-3001 and PSP-Go can  display games, video, or other display content on any standard  definition TV using either cable.  The quality of the image will  generally be better with the component cables, compared to the AV,  cables; but either will work.  The PSP-2001 can display photos, video  content, and music visualization on a standard definition TV using the  AV cables, but you cannot display video generated by a game using the AV  cables at all. To display games on a TV with the PSP-2001, you must use  the component cables, and in addition the TV must support the enhanced  definition (480p) video mode.  Only a small percentage of standard  definition TVs support this mode, and a CRT TV almost certainly does  not.

To sum up, in most cases a PSP-2001 will only be able  to display photos and video content on a standard-definition CRT TV, no  matter which cables you use. You will need component cables to have any  chance of displaying video from a game, and even then you will need a  progressive-scan TV. A PSP-3001, or PSP Go, will be able to display  anything on any standard definition TV using either type of cable, but  you may get a better quality image with the component cables.  Also be  aware that the PSP-2001 and PSP-3001 use the same AV and component AV  cables, but the PSP Go uses different cables that are not compatible  with other PSPs.  The PSP-1001 can't display on a TV at all.

GKP
Message 3 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

Apr 4, 2011

Thank you very much . Your answer was very useful. But, I've already bought the component av cable and it is working fine with my tv .

Thanks

Aryan

India

Message 4 of 4 (110 Views)
0 Likes