Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 06 2013
By: Redhairedthunder First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

PSP to PS3

11 replies 95 views Edited Feb 6, 2013

I brought Final fanatsy 7 & 8 on my PSP but I want to play it on the ps3, I have copied the save data to the PS3 and downloaded and installed them on it but when I start up the games the save that are copied to it don't show up, and I really don't want to go through all that work on final fantasy 8.

So is there a way to get the PS3 to read the PSP saves?

Message 1 of 12 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Re: PSP to PS3

Feb 6, 2013

I think that the save information is completely different. I hope I'm wrong but I fear I'm not.

Message 2 of 12 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 6, 2013
I have looked on the Internet, and I did found that both consoles save in a different formats, and that there is a way to transfer it some how so it would read it but I have done that and it still dose not work.

If there is no way then I just start a new and FF 8 will be the most annoying one.
Message 3 of 12 (83 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I may be wrong. But did you create a PS1 "memory card" in the system first? *best guess*

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/game/2savedata.html

If you have im out of ideas :smileytongue:

Message 4 of 12 (82 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 6, 2013
The second time copying them I did., but still nothing.
Message 5 of 12 (80 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31073 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Redhairedthunder wrote:

I brought Final fanatsy 7 & 8 on my PSP but I want to play it on the ps3, I have copied the save data to the PS3 and downloaded and installed them on it but when I start up the games the save that are copied to it don't show up, and I really don't want to go through all that work on final fantasy 8.

You'll need to purchase the game for the PS3 if you wish to play it on that console.

The PSP version is for the PSP & the PS3 verison for the PS3.

Message 6 of 12 (72 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15772 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Actually, if you buy the PS3 version, it is playable on the PSP.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 7 of 12 (67 Views)
MVP Support
4756 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

BRIT-KO wrote:

Redhairedthunder wrote:

You'll need to purchase the game for the PS3 if you wish to play it on that console.

These are PS1 classics; they are playable on both with only one purchase.

If I remember correctly, you have to go to the virtual PS1 memory card and from there choose to copy from the PSP.  You can copy it in either a PSP (to backup the save) or PS3 (to play it on the PS3) compatible format, but you have to copy it from the right place on the XMB.

Edit:  Really, you guys are giving BRIT-KO kudos for the wrong answer? :smileytongue:  He may be correct most of the time, but you shouldn't just assume he is :smileywink:.

Message 8 of 12 (57 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Feb 6, 2013
Oh, thank you, I was starting to doubt that was possible. Do you know how to make it PS3 format?
Message 9 of 12 (44 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
31073 posts

Feb 6, 2013

JERM7 wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

Redhairedthunder wrote:

These are PS1 classics; they are playable on both with only one purchase.

If I remember correctly, you have to go to the virtual PS1 memory card and from there choose to copy from the PSP.  You can copy it in either a PSP (to backup the save) or PS3 (to play it on the PS3) compatible format, but you have to copy it from the right place on the XMB.

Edit:  Really, you guys are giving BRIT-KO kudos for the wrong answer? :smileytongue:  He may be correct most of the time, but you shouldn't just assume he is :smileywink:.

My bad JERM, I didn't understand the OP's question, however in my defense it is kind of vaguely worded in my view, it doesn't mention cross-play or anything.

As for the Kudos, moble. ne1 pelase feel free to remove.

BRIT-KO.

Message 10 of 12 (41 Views)