Highlighted
Feb 24 2011
By: sachinvats First Son 1 posts

PSP release set for 2011

3 replies 11 views Edited Feb 24, 2011

PSP world,

I have a PS3 and I am looking to buy PSP.

On internet community is divided between the future of PSP whether PSPgo will go forward or it will revert back to UMD base type.

I was surprised to see the Nintendo DS game collection and popularity as well.

I would like to know the responce of community on Hand held consoles and it would be great to know if someone tells what is the future of PSP and do we have any release this year.

It would help me in making my mind.

Cheers

Sachin

Message 1 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15342 posts

Re: PSP release set for 2011

Feb 24, 2011

The NGP will be releasing holiday 2011 if you're interested. It won't be using the UMD format though.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 2 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
586 posts

Feb 24, 2011

The NGP(PSP2) will be a major handheld system with ps3 graphics and the ablility to play ps3 games.You will be able to play ps3 games on the go as long as your ps3 system is on at home but i see that as a waste of electricity.I think handheld systems are ok but if they made psp games for ps3 i wouldnt have bought the psp or the games.It would put a big hole in your pockets due to it's price tag of $285-$500 but the price has not been confirmed but it should be around that area with all it's features.

Get your Portable ID!Made You Read This...MIND FREAK! IM NOT ALWAYS A RACIST BUT WHEN I AM IT'S ON XBOX LIVE. Raptor Jesus....He went Extinct for our sins http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a196/Aragon101/RaptorJesus-vs-FSM2.jpg?t=1259971737 http://lee.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/raptor-jesus.jpg
Message 3 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
28763 posts

Feb 25, 2011

Sony has already announced that the next generation PSP will use proprietary flash memory cards (cartridges) as physical media for games, just like the Nintendo 3DS.  There won't be any new PSP models with UMDs, but Sony has announced no plans to discontinue production of the PSP-3000 series models, so those will probably be available for a while.  As for the PSP Go, as the NGP can play all of the games that the PSP Go can, the Go is looking redundant in the Sony product line starting next year.  The Go never sold well, and Sony isn't expected to keep it in the Playstation product line for the long term.

You misunderstood the statements about the NGP and the PS3.  The NGP has enough hardware power to run portable versions of PS3 games that are close enough to be save file compatible.  You can start the game on the PS3, transfer the save file to your NGP when you go outside, play it while you are out; and then transfer the save file back to the PS3 when you get home, and continue the game at home on the PS3.  The NGP can't run PS3 games.  It would need a Cell processor for that. The PS3 can't run NGP games either.  The PS3 and NGP versions of a game like Uncharted 3 (for example, not announced) would be separate games for each console, that would have to be purchased separately.  If you owned both, you could use the same save file for both, and continue a single play-through on either console.  The vast majority of PS3 games will not be available for the NGP, and there will presumably be many NGP games that won't be available for the PS3 also.

GKP
Message 4 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes