Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
821 posts

Re: PSP n00bs will be SHOCKED

Jan 14, 2006
I guess that I didn't have to type all that cuz Meggaa_Godzilla just basically summed up everything.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2650 posts

Jan 14, 2006

Jalard123 wrote:
1. HOMEBREW DOES NOT BRICK PSPs!!!!! There are only 2 known PSP brickers: 1 is a trojan that was disquised as downgrader and is recognized by all antivirus software thats up to date. The 2nd is a 1.5 to 1.0 downgrader that only works if you have never upgraded or downgraded before. It was stated that it will brick your PSP if you have upgraded and downgraded before and very few used it. There is no point to have 1.0 anyways.

2. THERE IS NO DOWNGRADER FOR 2.01 AND ABOVE. The only way, as of now, to downgrade would be to buy a new motherboard (I'm selling a v1.5 motherboard right now if you're interested). You got owned when you upgraded to a buggy firmware and got left with nothing to do while there is a game drought.

3. YOU NEED A WIRELESS ROUTER TO GO ONLINE ON THE PSP (or the new wi-fi dongle that's the price of a wireless router)

4. CONVERT VIDEOS USING PSPVIDEO 9 (go to http://www.pspvideo9.com to download)

^ There's a video of a PSP bricking from that trojan I talked about earlier. It is not hosted on the net anymore. That 1.0 downgrader is pointless and states that its not reccommended to download because there's a high chance it'll brick your PSP.
PLEASE QUIT SAYING THAT HOMEBREW BRICKS YOUR PSP CUZ IT DOESN'T!!!!!!!
Go have fun searching for the 2.0 to 1.5 downgrader made by PSP Team (MPH's is the one that works) and if you can find it, see if you antivirus software allows it. If you can do both and decide to download it then your an idiot.

You know- you are correct in your post, however. It accomplishes nothing, as you might end up  informing only a handful of people new to the forum. And half of them won't believe you about homebrew.
Then, to call people noobs, in such a sarcastic manner, illustrates that you youself  remains in that catagory.
Or as someone would put it "noobs calling noobs, noobs".....

Message Edited by RedRanger3 on 01-14-200603:04 PM

For all you conspiracy nuts out there- I'm selling foil hats that will prevent the government, Sony, and the odd alien or two from reading your mind. After all, why bore them.....
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9199 posts

Jan 14, 2006
i believe that whenever you use the psp inconsistently with the way that sony intended it to be used, you are putting your psp at risk of bricking.  everyone should exercise extreme caution when using homebrew or other things not supported by sony.  if someone wants to use homebrew or downgrade then let them, no skin off my back.  i, myself have upgraded to 2.6 because i don't think it's worth putting my psp at risk just to play mario, sonic the hedgehog or whtaever else homebrew will let you do.  to each their own.  let people do what they want, they paid $250 for the psp and are entitled to use it as they please.  basically, respect other people's views and wishes.  Homebrewers and NON-Homebrewers should unite for a universal PSP community, we are in this together.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
692 posts

Jan 14, 2006
dont use the word noob, it shows that u are either 1- young and do not understand that the only place that word is used is in games, or 2- think your cool because u use the word. seriously its a stupid word to use, it doesnt make u any better
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1750 posts

Dec 9, 2011

Homebrew doesn't damage the console.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 15 (3 Views)
0 Likes