Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 23 2013
By: Fiv3Score First Son 21 posts
Accepted Solution

PSP games on vita

9 replies 237 views Edited Feb 23, 2013
Thinking of exchanging my 3ds XL for a psvita now that they r the same price.. But just wondering how psp games look on the psvita? Are they stretched or distorted? I really want to play patapon again. Haven't played since the first one on my psp 4 years ago

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (237 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Re: PSP games on vita

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

I just bought my 3ds XL last week, and best buy is selling the psvita for $200 until the 23rd. I only bought the 3ds for monster hunter honestly, but after trying the demo I prefered playing it on the psp. Is mhfu available on psn too? Its good enough for me since I only played mhf2

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2442 posts

Feb 23, 2013
Yes it is available and playable on the PSV. It goes for $19.99. That said, MH3U / MH3rd are quite better overall. You have to give it to Capcom that they really enhanced the mechanics~.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (221 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Feb 23, 2013

PSP games look fine on the Vita.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Fiv3Score wrote:
Thinking of exchanging my 3ds XL for a psvita now that they r the same price.. But just wondering how psp games look on the psvita? Are they stretched or distorted? I really want to play patapon again. Haven't played since the first one on my psp 4 years ago

I think if you already downloaded Patapon when you had a PSP, you will be able to go into your history (if using same profile from PSP) and redownload it without cost to your PSVita.

Downloaded games usually have something in the Terms of Use that will tell you something along the lines of, "You may download to 2 systems.", or whatever.

Here's some gameplay footage of Patapon 2 on the Vita. Pretty sure the reason the sides and top and bottom have that rounded look is because of the lens (fisheye) or how close he/she is to the screen.

For the guy asking about MHFU, here you go. I think she shows how to map the right stick to look around. I was trying to find a gameplay one that was good video quality, but they all seemed to have focus problems with their cameras. So here you go.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (197 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 23, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

PSP games look fine on the Vita.

^This. They obviously won't look as good as Vita games, but they are certainly good enough.

For all PSP games, there's also a special menu that allows you to configure certain settings, such as implementing touch controls for certain commands (up to four, for each corner of the screen) or enabling the right analog stick.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
80 posts

Feb 23, 2013

Also, keep in mind, not all PSP games are officially supported on the PS Vita. Thus, you won't be able to see all PSP games on your PS Vita store.

If you have a PS3 you can purchase the PSP games not on the PS Vita and then transfer them over from the PS3 to the PS Vita. That's the only way to get games that Sony has yet to add to the PS Vita store.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (185 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

Woah awesome, you can use the right analog for monster hunter? I bought the patapon umd, anyway I'll only buy the 2nd and 3rd one when it's vita ready. I played the hell out of the first one haha.

I agree that mh3u is nice, but i can wait. I do much prefer the vita; the 3ds seems too 'toy-like' to me.. even the xl model. Worst case, if monster hunter doesn't return to playstation in the near future.. I'll just buy a 3ds next time for mh4. For now mhfu will satisfy my craving to hunt giant monsters.

I may also be getting a ps3 when it goes on sale. $200 is the current price, but im sure it will go down soon. So vita makes more sense to me.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (175 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 23, 2013

And thank you for all the replies, im new to the forums so it's nice to see that it's active. Just aboutt to leave to do the exchange!

Edit: Just exchanged it, and wow this thing is hugee. The screen itself is bigger than my smartphone lol

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2483 posts

Feb 23, 2013
I think PSP games look great on the PS Vita. Here's a video I uploaded showing how to assign your face buttons or d-pad to your right analog stick for camera control...

http://youtu.be/sj8SZJ06NdI
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (155 Views)
0 Likes