Jul 22 2012
By: extr3me1st First Son 27 posts

PSP games on the Vita

7 replies 158 views Edited Jul 22, 2012

When you install a PSP game on the Vita from the PSN store are any of the graphics or the resolution bumped up? Does the Vita do any graphical upgrades at all too PSP games? What about PS1 classics, will they benefit from the Vita hardware at all?

Message 1 of 8 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Re: PSP games on the Vita

Jul 22, 2012
Hmm I think there are some "effects" the Vita can do to make the game look good on a bigger screen. You can see some videos on youtube. Most of the benefits will be from having the extra analog stick and from the screen itself. But don't think it'll make games HD or anything.
Message 2 of 8 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jul 22, 2012

Thanks, I was just wondering if any hardware related AA or filtering of some kind was being applied. I had heard that PSP games would get some benefit from the new hardware. I assume they changed the control schemes on these PSP games to enable that second stick?

Message 3 of 8 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Here's a video I posted a few months back regarding how the right thumb stick can work with your PSP games on the PS Vita.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj8SZJ06NdI&feature=youtube_gdata_player
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 4 of 8 (127 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1578 posts

Jul 23, 2012
just touch the screen for a few seconds then set right joy stick to the buttons (square,circle,X, and triangle) and there ya go right stick controls your buttons. very good for MOH and N.O.V.A.
http://uspgc.webs.com

#1XBOX #2 PSV #3 ps3 thumbs down. Shoo fly don't bother me!
AlbaTron209 EST.1985
Message 5 of 8 (116 Views)
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 23, 2012
Does anyone know if the save games on PSP (or even downloaded vita games) get deleted if you delete the game and then reinstall it?)
Message 6 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Jul 23, 2012

Downloaded Vita games, yes.

PSP games, no (it tells you when you delete PSP games that if you want to delete save data, it is elsewhere)

So if you ever re-install it, you have to do a backup first.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 8 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Jul 23, 2012

So if you have a downloaded Vita game and you delete it to make room there goes the save data as well, but if you have a downloaded psp game you can delete it and still keep your save data...so they went backwards with the Vita!? Wow Sony, really!!? 

I guess I'll just get psp games and not Vita games by download.  (unless I'm getting this wrong)

What do you mean backup?? (Back up to where?) keep in mind I don't have a PS3 (or any console). I mostly play handheld games(3ds/vita used to be ds/psp) or PC. (If you're wondering why, I prefer handhelds it's because I don't have that much time for gaming so I don't just sit and play a game for 3hours straight for the most part. Hand held titles break up the games in such a way that you can stop and get back to them easily or have a lot of save points plus the Vita has nice suspend features.)

Message 8 of 8 (64 Views)
0 Likes