Gaming Beast
2034 posts

Re: PSP games being labeled to work on Vita

Feb 1, 2014

What I do not understand is games start out as a digital copies on a computer system when they produce and make them. Then they are burned to a disk to sell. So they have digital copies of them stored away now. 

I have talked to people that code for a living and they tell me they could not put them on psn without reformatting them but seeing that the games are already made it should not be much to it. This is coming from people that do coding for a living saying this. Not me. I do not know that much about it.

So it must be a money thing between sony and the people who make them that we do not know about or they will not tell up. If some are everywhere but here I do not see how copy rights would come into play.

I think it would enhance the vita to have more ps1 and psp games and ps2 games they said it could easily play before it came out. For me, I have a lot more ps1 and psp games on mine than vita games.

Message 11 of 12 (139 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13562 posts

Re: PSP games being labeled to work on Vita

Feb 1, 2014

fantasyplayer wrote:

What I do not understand is games start out as a digital copies on a computer system when they produce and make them. Then they are burned to a disk to sell. So they have digital copies of them stored away now. 

I have talked to people that code for a living and they tell me they could not put them on psn without reformatting them but seeing that the games are already made it should not be much to it. This is coming from people that do coding for a living saying this. Not me. I do not know that much about it.

So it must be a money thing between sony and the people who make them that we do not know about or they will not tell up. If some are everywhere but here I do not see how copy rights would come into play.

I think it would enhance the vita to have more ps1 and psp games and ps2 games they said it could easily play before it came out. For me, I have a lot more ps1 and psp games on mine than vita games.

It's a licensing thing.

For example: Crisis Core.

They did not get the proper licensing for the song played in the credits (the "Why" song) and so were unable to obtain the rights to distribute a digital copy.

And I believe KH BBS, was restricted from being digital because of some decision by Disney.

Either way this topic is old. Some random newbie just bumped it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 12 (137 Views)
0 Likes