Highlighted
Sep 12 2013
By: RifleNinja49 Lombax Warrior 176 posts
Accepted Solution

PSP games being labeled to work on Vita

11 replies 290 views Edited Sep 12, 2013

There are several games (Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus, Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron etc.) that I've been told do not work on the Vita no matter what, but when I look at the game on the Playstation site it says that they both are able to be played on the Vita. Is Sony just bad at these kinds of things or do these games really work when they didn't before?

Message 1 of 12 (290 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13564 posts

Re: PSP games being labeled to work on Vita

Sep 12, 2013

RifleNinja49 wrote:

There are several games (Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus, Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron etc.) that I've been told do not work on the Vita no matter what, but when I look at the game on the Playstation site it says that they both are able to be played on the Vita. Is Sony just bad at these kinds of things or do these games really work when they didn't before?

The Playstation site says that for EVERY PSP game (including those that aren't even on the PS Store)

They didn't actually go through and sort out which ones could or couldn't be used on Vita.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 12 (274 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Doesn't all digital PSP games work on the Vita? I don't remember hearing about some games not working...

Message 3 of 12 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Icestar10 wrote:

Doesn't all digital PSP games work on the Vita? I don't remember hearing about some games not working...

No. Not all digital PSP games work.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 12 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
176 posts

Sep 12, 2013

Thats real stupid... That's gonna cause some future confusion

Message 5 of 12 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
715 posts

Sep 13, 2013
Have u tried downloading it to a ps3 then transferring it? We have been able to do that since launch for some games that were not in the vita store or on the list of compatible games
Message 6 of 12 (209 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Sep 13, 2013

I am still waiting for Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops to become playable in North America. We are missing so many good psp games from our new shiny Vita's

Message 7 of 12 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Sep 13, 2013

literally just made a thread about this the other day.. like Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Elite squadron are playable and downloadable for the VITA in EU................ like why aren't there here i don't get it

Message 8 of 12 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Sep 13, 2013

diagos1 wrote:
Have u tried downloading it to a ps3 then transferring it? We have been able to do that since launch for some games that were not in the vita store or on the list of compatible games

Not everybody has a PS3, so that's not really a solution~.

Message 9 of 12 (181 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Feb 1, 2014

I agree that is not a satisfactory solution and SCEA needs to address this problem.

For a potential Vita buyer (that does not own a PS3), the PSP/PSOne compatibility issues are a real let down.  Even to the those who do own PS3s it is still inconvenient.

Great games/franchises such as Crash, Spyro, Gradius Collection, Suikoden, Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, Star Wars, Syphon Filter, Castlevania Chronicles, Capcom Collections, Jeanne D'arc, and Legend Of Dragoon cannot be bought and downloaded directly to the Vita.  There are several more unfortunately.

For me personally, the lack of compatibility of many of the Konami games is a real concern.  Why is this?  Konami is still an active publisher and have recently released several classic titles for the WiiU's virtual console.  I don't want to blame SCEA soley without knowing the whole story, but I am pretty sure NA is the only Playstation region to have this amount of games missing from their Vita PSN store.

I hope SCEA is currently working on a solution.  Gamers, publishers, and of course Sony themsleves, would all benefit from fixing this issue.  This is really the one aspect that is preventing the PSV from being a perfect gaming device, in my opinion.

Message 10 of 12 (84 Views)
0 Likes