Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 19 2009
By: WA7JK Wastelander 658 posts

PSP corrupt data after downloading movies or games?

7 replies 1361 views Edited Sep 19, 2009
I have a PSP 2001. When I download movies or games onto a 4 GB or 8 GB stick, I get data corrupted messages. It doesn't happen everytime, kind of hit or miss, but what I see is if I rent a movie, I will generally get the message after I've waited 3 hours to download it.  I've checked the sticks (all 3 of them) and each one says supported. Sony says their system is running 100% and that there has been no other complaints as people download from there each day. Movies and games is activated and each stick is formatted.  Movies and games that have been able to be saved have played through with the exception of 1 that showed corrupted half way through.  Anybody?
Eagle
Message 1 of 8 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Re: PSP corrupt data after downloading movies or games?

Sep 19, 2009

WA7JK wrote:
I have a PSP 2001. When I download movies or games onto a 4 GB or 8 GB stick, I get data corrupted messages. It doesn't happen everytime, kind of hit or miss, but what I see is if I rent a movie, I will generally get the message after I've waited 3 hours to download it.  I've checked the sticks (all 3 of them) and each one says supported. Sony says their system is running 100% and that there has been no other complaints as people download from there each day. Movies and games is activated and each stick is formatted.  Movies and games that have been able to be saved have played through with the exception of 1 that showed corrupted half way through.  Anybody?

it sounds like your stick is FAKE if it is thats what happens fake stick always mess up data
Free Gamer Sigs from VideoGameSigs.comTerror233
Message 2 of 8 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
764 posts

Sep 19, 2009

Terror233 wrote:

WA7JK wrote:

it sounds like your stick is FAKE if it is thats what happens fake stick always mess up data

I think it is too.  Where did you get it from?

Message 3 of 8 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
454 posts

Sep 19, 2009

No, you don't have a fake stick. If you have formatted your memory sticks and the movies still don't download properly. Then I suggest that you call sony again except when you get ahold of a represenative, you're going to ask for a "Supervisor". Oh, apparently they gave you what I call the Line because "Their system is running 100% and that there has been no other complaints as people download from them each day" is something they told me too. Why? because they cannot help with that.

I got a refund for getting ahold of a supervisor. Trust me, others have had problems downloading content too.

Message 4 of 8 (1,361 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2160 posts

Sep 19, 2009
Did you check to see if its real ?.
Message 5 of 8 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Sep 19, 2009

My 4 GB sticks were purchased from Wal*Mart and the 8 GB stick was purchased online but from a reputable seller in California. I ran across the China stick earlier this year and leaned a very good lesson about economics and fake products.  It's amazing what they get away with.  All of my downloads have been from the Playstation Store. One of them I paid for that said it downloaded vanished into thin air but I got charged for it.  I'm seeing a spot online that charges $37 for a lifetime membership for PSP downloads.  Name of the site is PSP Blender. Saw a review on it that got my attention stating it was one of the best and fastest. Anybody ever downloaded from there? 

Eagle
Message 6 of 8 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3565 posts

Sep 20, 2009

WA7JK wrote:

My 4 GB sticks were purchased from Wal*Mart and the 8 GB stick was purchased online but from a reputable seller in California. I ran across the China stick earlier this year and leaned a very good lesson about economics and fake products.  It's amazing what they get away with.  All of my downloads have been from the Playstation Store. One of them I paid for that said it downloaded vanished into thin air but I got charged for it.  I'm seeing a spot online that charges $37 for a lifetime membership for PSP downloads.  Name of the site is PSP Blender. Saw a review on it that got my attention stating it was one of the best and fastest. Anybody ever downloaded from there? 

I would suggest that you download onto a PC and transfer it on your stick with the software they provide to download stuff like games and movies, and believe me iy will go much faster if you consider ther fact the your PSP only uses the 11Mps speed instead of 54Mps for a G speed router and even more faster up to 300Mps if you haver a N s[eed router.  It should ber pure logic, good luck (the installing software you can dpwnload for free from the store  ...

Message 7 of 8 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 19, 2010

I have had the same problem, I have downloaded Predators twice now, and bothe times CORRUPT DATA. I have been able to download other items, no problem, Like I downloaded The supernatural Episodes, comes in perfect. The first time I tried to download predators, was through wifi connection directly, the second time I downloaded to My home PC the program that sony recommends called Media GO, and it downloaded to computer then I transferred to PSP and same thing, Now I am out $3.99 each time...I give up...Any ideas? Oh yeah the memory stick I have is a 16gb that I got from ebay, which came from Hong Kong ...Think that is what it may be, it came in Sony original packaging and looked authentic to me. I did only pay $20.00 for it though, and I have seen some used ones go for $90.00 at game stop..But what is weird is that it has no problem downloading content for other stuff, but who knows?

Message 8 of 8 (1,361 Views)
0 Likes