Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Re: PSP camera video calls and chats

Aug 9, 2010

Monstruo969 wrote:

I'm kinda bummed out they put these newer updates for things like Skype for 2k and up. It's unbelievable that they would leave us old timers with nothing like this (I'm speaking about the PSP-1000 users).

It's not unbelievable. The PSP-1000 doesn't have the built-in memory for these things. The PSP-2000, 3000, and PSPgo have double the memory, so they are capable of having things like Skype built-in.

I really have no idea as to when Sony will drop support for updates on the PSP-1000. It's either that or keep all of the other PSP's on the same limiting features as it...

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Aug 9, 2010

They best not drop support, I'll drop kick Sony lol.

Component Universal HD Cables
________
PSP-1001
1GB SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo
4GB SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo (Upgrade)
GTA: Vice City Stories
Pursuit Force
Full Auto 2
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 11, 2010

But lets stick to the topic we are talking about if we  canvideo calls with psp camera,duh.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 11, 2010

PSP used to have video chat, (Go! Messenger) so its capable of doing it. Hopefully they incorperate this feature in skype or with google, now that google allows free phone calls from Gmail.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1745 posts

Sep 12, 2010

APVangeliLHS wrote:

Monstruo969 wrote:

I'm kinda bummed out they put these newer updates for things like Skype for 2k and up. It's unbelievable that they would leave us old timers with nothing like this (I'm speaking about the PSP-1000 users).

It's not unbelievable. The PSP-1000 doesn't have the built-in memory for these things. The PSP-2000, 3000, and PSPgo have double the memory, so they are capable of having things like Skype built-in.

I really have no idea as to when Sony will drop support for updates on the PSP-1000. It's either that or keep all of the other PSP's on the same limiting features as it...

Acutally I think sony left it out of the 1000 to give people another reason 2 upgrade, they just didn't want to piss people off so they said it was becasue of ram. CFW has proved its capable of so much more than sony is doing with psp.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 18, 2010

The camera with invizimals has a rotating lens so you could use it for video chat.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
660 posts

Oct 22, 2010

I love my cam and so wish they come out with something like the go messager or like others have said make skype videos on psp. Sony should see that since the relise of the cam in us and canada thet there are still alot of people who use their psp's for almost  everything. Another thing if sony dont come out with something soon for the cam Uknow its only a matter of time before someone finds a hack or something to make video calls on psp. Me i have never used any hacks or homebrews on my psp but if someone comes out with some hack program for psp cam i just might have to. So come on sony people make a app or video calls for psp

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1426 posts

Oct 22, 2010
Someone will make a video call app. Theres already an app that will let you make free calls to landline/cell phones....Furikup, i love that app
Photobucket

Don't talk trash and hide behind your computer screen. Man up and confront them face to face.
"Close Friends and BULLETS, where are they when you need them"
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Feb 28, 2011

erjoh wrote:

OK, let's say that since Invisimals was shown at E3, that the US is FINALLY getting the camera attachment (not to be confused with the several years worth of promises prior to 2010 at various trade shows)......Do you think Sony will use the Camera with Skype vidcalling?  How about PS3 video chat with PSP that are connected?

There are lots of potential here that, IMHO, will have demand.  Do you think Sony will take the bait?

Will those that did not import a chotto/go cam be interested in having a PSP camera?  Would any of the above features motivation you towards getting one?

I don't really know what's going on.... When was the last update for the PSP? Like, 7 months ago?

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (18 Views)
0 Likes