Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 17 2010
By: erjoh Lombax Warrior 248 posts

PSP camera video calls and chats

18 replies 182 views Edited Jun 17, 2010

OK, let's say that since Invisimals was shown at E3, that the US is FINALLY getting the camera attachment (not to be confused with the several years worth of promises prior to 2010 at various trade shows)......Do you think Sony will use the Camera with Skype vidcalling?  How about PS3 video chat with PSP that are connected?

There are lots of potential here that, IMHO, will have demand.  Do you think Sony will take the bait?

Will those that did not import a chotto/go cam be interested in having a PSP camera?  Would any of the above features motivation you towards getting one?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Re: PSP camera video calls and chats

Jun 17, 2010

If this pic is correct.....I don't see how it rotates to capture the front area like I have seen in older models of the camera.  The older models swivelled so that you could take pics/vids from either side of the PSP.  This could be a moot point as if this was removed, Vid chats could not happen.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/4584/camera-addon-for-psp-just-shown/

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jun 17, 2010

erjoh wrote:

If this pic is correct.....I don't see how it rotates to capture the front area like I have seen in older models of the camera.  The older models swivelled so that you could take pics/vids from either side of the PSP.  This could be a moot point as if this was removed, Vid chats could not happen.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/4584/camera-addon-for-psp-just-shown/

The camera that came with my Invizimals does rotate. I does not look like the one in your picture. Mine is black, wider and not as tall as the chotto.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
248 posts

Jun 17, 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UNLRsb5i-M

OK now I'm just plain ole confused.  If you watch this thing....invisimals shows the new PSP-450 Cam style (the one with the swivel).  HOWEVER while watching the Eyepet, you can clearly see the old chotto PSP-300 style.

So as of right now....I haven't a freaking clue what is going to be targeted to the US.   I like the style of the 450 but I dislike the .3 downgrade from the 1.3Mp 300.   Maybe they will get a better camera in the device casing to at least match the cell phones out there.  So I guess we will have to wait....unless you are saying that you got a NA release invisimals already.  Which then tell us more details about the camera, please.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Jun 17, 2010

Nope, I imported from PlayAsia last year. It is a 450.

Something interesting I just noticed...on the bottom of the camera is the text "complies Canada ICES/NMB-003." I'm assuming this means the device has been certified for North America. This is probably the model that'll be officially released here.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
663 posts

Jun 17, 2010

The picture is incorrect. That is a microphone add-on released in Europe and Japan for their Go!Explore packs.

http://psp-team.pl/files/user1/go_cam_psp_wersje.jpg

The PSP-300 is the original camera, while the PSP-450 is the one bundled with Invizimals.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1482 posts

Jun 18, 2010

theonecalledgsk wrote:

The picture is incorrect. That is a microphone add-on released in Europe and Japan for their Go!Explore packs.

http://psp-team.pl/files/user1/go_cam_psp_wersje.jpg

The PSP-300 is the original camera, while the PSP-450 is the one bundled with Invizimals.

I was just going to say that that was a microphone for the older PSP's...

AND, I was just going to post that exact picture, showing that the new camera does in-fact rotate from front to back as well.

Bawk at my brilliant PSPgo
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 18, 2010

To return to the original focus, i would definitely be interested in Skype video calling.

The old Go!Messenger had this, so it must be technically possible.

Come on Sony, give us Skype video calls in the next firmware update!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Aug 9, 2010

Im in Canada and imported the invizimals game with go!cam from the UK..... For about $43 Canadian.  Little did i know SKYPE doesn't offer video calls which is depressing as im deploying to afghanistan.  This was supposed to be a great idea and way to keep in touch with my wife.  This is depressing.  It wouldn't take much for Sony to add this feature as skype tp skype calls are free.  Its all drepressing as Go!messenger used to offer this feature but since the camera wasn't available here, it only makes sense that no one used it.  Now Go!Messenger is no more. So no video calls at all now.  

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Aug 9, 2010

I'm kinda bummed out they put these newer updates for things like Skype for 2k and up. It's unbelievable that they would leave us old timers with nothing like this (I'm speaking about the PSP-1000 users).

Component Universal HD Cables
________
PSP-1001
1GB SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo
4GB SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo (Upgrade)
GTA: Vice City Stories
Pursuit Force
Full Auto 2
Ace Combat X: Skies of Deception
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (182 Views)
0 Likes